injectors calibration

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by kelalper, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hi,

I have taken 266 bhp on dyno dynamics ( while stock cars give 8-10% less on it) with oem turbo and injectors from my megane rs 225. But my mapper says that injectors are at limit so that i need bigger ones. I bought them from siemens deka. But the problem is the calibration. He has mapped the AFR but the problem is he could not find how to calibrate it so the car is burning up and because of that after a time it begins to knock and gives error and stalls. I need help for the calibration for the bigger injectors. I have contacted Paul but he does not want give the details of know how. Also Henk does not do it. While i have rs tuner. I would be pleased if someone can help me with this issue.

2. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

You should not need larger CC injectors for 266bhp.

3. Nope. We got it without the bigger ones 1 year ago with brown sealed ones. Custom cold air intake, 11 lt greddy intercooler. Custom made 3inches downpipe and 3inches cutout. With 1.2 bar peak 1.1 bar cont and 0.8 at the end boost pressure with a little retard without any knock. Ktec boost pipes and lightweight flywheel and R26R clutch kit does not effect the power i suppose. Now i have installed AEM methanol kit but not used it yet. I had a problem with oil smoke last week. we checked the Turbo and it was defected and local guys repaired it but it continued. Then we found that it can be because of a valve on top of the engine. Because smoke was coming after releasing the gas pedal. While acc. there is no smoke. We bypassed it for now for trial. After this i will use the methanol kit and think we can gain some extra hps by giving some retard and extra 0.1 bar boost. Big CC injectors are still on my desk because we need calibration.

4. I understood "you should need". Sorry. The problem is dyno is calculation 8-10% less then regular dyno. Stock S2000 gives 219hp on this dyno dynamics after 30 minutes of calculation of 238 hp on maho type dyno. So mine would be around 290hp on a regular one. On Rstuner it is showing 102% injection duty cycle with these regular brown sealed ones.

5. Are you sure Henk can't help? As he definitely knows how, its even under his custom map option, Turbo stage 3 injectors?

I can understand paul not wanting to give the info away for free! Is Henk the same or have you inquired about his custom map option?

What calibration exactly is it? The fuel level? As i don't understand if your tuner mapped it fine to the afr etc then it starts knocking afterwards?

6. I have asked Paul also about the price. But he rejected. He told me it took years to solve and i can not give that info incedently. Henk is telling me that he has to see the car while i am asking only for the calibration information.

Fuel level and other things. He just makes the AFR stable on the idle and while running but on long journey the engine bay warms up like hell. The windshield water pipes losens because of heat. And you can not open the gas because intake gets so hot and begins to knock.
    he told me that we need the calibration info so that he can tune all the rpm range. Any calibrated file would be enough for me. If someonce has rs tuner just import the file from the car and send me. I can send all my maps including rstuner stage 1 or our custom maps for fuel economy, stage 1 and stage 2 files. Extra map for tolluen mix fuel use. Normally i would not give the rs tuner stage 1 file but Henk does not help me on this. So i dont care anymore.

7. Can Henk help you if you buy the stage 3 custom map? As eventually this was going to be my plan in the long run have Henk do the injectors after i buy them.

Don't mean to sound rude or anything as i know internet "tone" can be taken wrong, but....... your tuner friend how good is he? As i had previously read that most mappers could do larger injectors no real problem but the fuel gauge would be out, reading 1/4 tank when actually empty, and that this was the hard bit to get round?

Has Henk said that he will only do it by seeing your car? Or only as part of a custom map?

8. Being totally honest it sounds like you're asking quite a lot of both Henk and Paul @ rs tuning! If I'd developed a map to work with uprated injectors, I certainly wouldn't be prepared to send my map files out to be dissected by another mapper!

Can you not just take it to either of them to get the injectors custom mapped? Or can they do it remotely?

9. I have asked Henk and Paul for the prices. Henk is telling me that he has to see the car. And Paul does not want to give info. The thing is they are both not giving any service to Turkey. So there is no competition for them.
    The second thing is the there are few cars modified as mine and they have no intention of being faster . And i am the only person with bigger injectors on hand. There is only one III trophy and 3 III RS in Turkey. Tropy is self imported. Other 3 are imported by Renault and used for ad. There are lots of II RS and many have problems lack of service and users. Renault services also does not know what is RS. When i go to the service for asking a part they are telling me Wow how did u make this outfit while my car is orange and totaly original. There is no R26 Cup or R26R model of this car. Only few with Recaro seats.

My mapper has certificates from Bosch and AEM. And he is remapping highly tuned Supra's Evo's STI's. Normally he does not want to remap unknown cars but he is a very old friend from my childhood and can see that other mappers makes the cars slower than original because of wrong tuning.
    No one uses AFR and boost gauge like me and takes their cars for remap. At the end they think that their car became faster because of lots of retard and at the end they brake their rings.
    I have shown many of them that their map is wrong by rstuner datas. They saw that they are still running on stock boost pressures. They wanted to make a remap from my tuner but he does not have time for them.
    There is only one guy from other town working with Henk. He has stage 2 map. But i do not know his actual dyno power. He is not telling any clue. He just says that his car is the fastest. People only saw photos of the car. No one saw it on running.
    But on dyno we have taken 248 hp from rs tuner stage 1 map while our map was 253. With stage 2 we got 266hp.