Injector Related Queries (MK3 RS)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by InsomniacRS, Dec 31, 2018.

1. It definitely sounds like it could be, I appreciate your time taken to comment.

A few questions, did the EML illuminate? What were (if any) the codes given? Was it on the factory map, prior to RS tuning mapping it?

Cheers for your input.

2. No warning lights flashed up and unfortunately RS tuning didn't mention any of the warning codes that may have been on the system I'm afraid.

Long story short, my engine detonated so I replaced it, added some upgrades and took it to RS tuning for a map. It appears they had mapped the car previously, but the previous owner had removed some modifications before part ex'ing the car and not changed the map. That meant that the "intelligent" on board ECU "learnt" an incorrect fuel trim which ran one cylinder dry, burnt out the bearing, picked up the piston and sent it through the block.

RS Tuning were very quick to notice the fuel trim issue as soon as they plugged the car in so it must have been obvious with the right kit.

3. Which plugs do you have? NGK Iridium?