Induction kit

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Steve r26, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 4F06CAF5-0C54-4A46-9BB3-D0D3FBCF9975.jpeg trying to fit an induction kit, what’s the best way to remove that box.

Please don’t say I have to remove the battery, don’t have a clue on how to do that.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

battery out and battery tray out

3. 2C9B64EF-5122-4E9A-BDFE-D87CBC98DD57.jpeg Progress but another challenge

4. I’ve been on this stupid bolt for like an hour I don’t know what else to try?

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

got a angle grinder? try cutting a slot in it and use a screwdriver

6. was just talking about this problem yesterday on here.
    angle grinder i am afraid.
    Hopefully all wont be fked so you can at least secure the tray back in.

7. Doing my head in I just don’t have the proper equipment I’ll have to buy some stuff tomorrow, thanks guys

8. I’d use an angle grinder or a dremel to cut a ‘flat’ into either side of the head of the bolt. You can then use an adjustable spanner to hopefully get some purchase on it and break it free.

I have successfully removed bolts like that by hammering a larger Allen key or torx key into the mangled hole, but you need a bit of space to make sure the bit is hammered into the bottom of the hole.

Whilst cutting it off completely with a grinder will do the job, it then means you’ve got to try and remove the remains afterwards which can be even trickier with not a lot to grip onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk