Induction kit or panel

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Craig1978, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Hi quick question k tech panel or k&n induction. I want more noise from the stock car but don't wanna loose big power. I will be getting exhaust & dump valve but can't afford them for a while.

Any suggestions?

craig

2. I have had both. The K&N does add a little more noise but not much! The k-tec induction kit makes the car sound brilliant IMO, you can hear it sucking in loads of air under acceleration and gives the car a deeper sound. I dont think it has affected the performance in any way, the only issue there is with it is on hot days the intake temperature rockets when in traffic but drops down to normal temps when you get going again! This is a video of my car with the ktec induction kit fitted, its not great! Can do another if you want.

https://youtu.be/5mGkck2r0lU

3. That does sound good was it easy to fit?

4. It wasn't to bad! You have to remove the battery and battery box to get the original air box, but once that is out its really simple. K-tec send you a usb with a complete picture guide of how to do it. Took me a couple of hours. Just noticed your car is an R26, mine is 250 but i think its pretty similar.

5. I've just fitted the k-Tec induction kit on my r26, it sounds really good and it's loud, chatters with my forge recirc, easy to fit just had to trim my intake pipe but overall about an hour or so

6. I would go with a panel filter and modded airbox (if it hasn't already been modded) I had the K&N induction kit fitted and it was ok at first, but after 2 weeks, the noise became more annoying than exciting so I took it out and replaced it with the original modded airbox and a pipercross filter. You still get a bit of induction sound but it's not as loud as the induction kit, which I like.

7. Thanks guys I will look at that induction kit

Benno how is the air box modded? If you don't thrash it tho was the induction kit fairly quiet? And only loud at high revs?

8. It was definitely louder at higher revs but even when you didn't thrash it, the noise was still there and I think that is what I got a bit tired of lol.

[​IMG]

This isn't my picture, but mine looks similar to this one. Basically the original intake hole is cut out and made bigger.

Attached Files:

9. Benno I have done exactly the same thing as you. Got abut fed up with the induction noise at low revs. So modded my airbox. Got a deeper growl to it now. abe19c6ea808522d7788f88c31171181.jpg

10. Thanks guys with that modded air box is it a lot louder or just a bit. Did you notice power gains? I've heard the k tec panel is the best to get

11. Mine has an itg panel filter. I came from a k and n induction kit. Power gains similar I think. Find out at the rsuk rr day next weekend

12. Car went on rolling road. And with modified air box and back box chop it made 235bhp/237ft lb