Induction kit in

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dan UAS, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Just fitted the green cotton come filter, it's bigger than any others I've seen on the market and a tight squeeze. I left the air intake pipe from the original air box which runs under the battery case for some more fresh air.

Have to be honest really wasn't expecting that much sound! I already had a green cotton panel filter which made a bit more noise especially turbo whistle but this things makes the car sound like darth vader even inside the car! Hell of a noise from the intake as normal plus a real woosh everytime you let off the gas.

Just wondered what you guys have done and what you used. It's a great sound but I'm not sure if it's a bit much, can't imagine the sound if I fitted a dump valve or recirculating valve (not that I will)

2. Mine has an open cone filter and is exactly as you describe, and I do think it's a bit too much. Chavy. People think it's a dump valve.

3. After watching fast furious 6 think I like it lol! I'm getting it remapped this week so will see how it goes then and make a decision. I'll leave it for a bit and see how it sounds driving normally but think it will be a bit annoying

4. I used to run a ktec induction kit and it made alot of noise, but was way to expensive to warrant its uses. Never buy it again I'd just make shift my own one for £80...

5. Mine has a Ktec induction kit, a blanking plate and both exhaust boxes removed. It ain't quiet that's for certain! Made me grin as soon as I test drove it, the dealer was taking it to Renault to get the boxes refitted and I told him not to bother!