Increasing octane numbers (ethanol?)

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by EBA66, May 24, 2019.

1. Hi guys, maybe a noob question. I'm looking into ways of increasing the octane number for my fuel.
    I leave in Holland and getting 100 octane is not that easy. The problem is that my car has hybrid turbo running 360hp on 100 gasoline. if I put 98 i get missfires on heavy load. I've understood adding ethanol to the mix would increase the octane number. If so how much for a 60L tank?
    Thanks a bunch!

2. Also in case you suggest an octane booster, can you make a recommandation? There are a lot of shady brands there.

3. Try getting your car sorted out instead, should run fine on 98

4. My tunner is 2400km away. Not a solution.

5. Octane boost OR I could suggest there’s an issue with map, theses some nasty bits in Renault ecu that don’t show up on rolling road mapping also have you no Shell v power ?

6. Shell V Power here is 97ish due to legal and taxes reasons. I use BP Ultimate 98 but still not 100. Like stated above I car was mapped in different country with diferent fuel quality. Every time I fuel with 100 and 102 there are no missfiring problems.

7. looking like your two options are bosster or remap, and continuously buying booster is silly expensive however if do go that route I can recommend the best as there's shit load of rubbish out there

8. A remap would be a more sensible option because it’s more convenient to run a tune with the fuel that’s locally available to you. I understand that initially it would be a problem, but it would be a lot less hassle in the long run

9. Get in touch with Arthur on here (Tutuur) he is in Holland top bloke for tuning in your area

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've used the NF stuff loads of times when up North, generally have a bottle or two in the car just incase access to decent fuel is restricted, very good stuff

11. NF by country mile, engine runs noticeably smoother, cooler and picks up quicker, wouldn't use any other

-Jamie- likes this.