265 In cabin door handle broken.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, May 22, 2018.

1. Hi all, my inner door handle decided to break the other day, this is the inside handle that you would use to pull the car closed when your in the car, seems the lower screw broke through the handle casing, ie the lower part of the handle pulls away from the actual door... does anybody know how to remove this handle? Is it a split piece where I can pry the top of in order to get to the broken screw and repair? Or must I remove the door panel to remove the handle? Nb Renault won’t replace under warranty, said it’s a wear and tear item car has 44,000km on it, I doubt this is when the handle could reasonably expect to wear out anyway, any pointers would be appreciated

2. sorry to here your issues, if you call Renault customer services in UK and complain a lot you should be able to get at least a Renault contribution if not all
    no door handle comes separately from door card, there should be a screw in the plastic cup behind a small round cover but you will have to change the whole handle quite an easy job really
    there is 3 part number for front door handle depending trim spec of your car:
    Front left side 806711635R; 826733790R & 826730001R
    Front Right side 806709296R; 826724399R & 826720001R
    Taken from catcar.info for DZ18 vehicle code megane III.

Hope this help

3. Thanks Tof, im situated in South Africa, I’m lucky the handles not stollen lol much appreciated for the info..