R26 Ignition coils

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mark B, Feb 24, 2018.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi Mark
    I bought a set of coil packs from a local factors, payed a bit than that i think around £45 not had a problem with them, sorry trying to think what the manufacture was but can't remember, they have been in there for over 18 months

2. Personally i would only buy genuine renault with parts like that.

3. never had a problem with renault coils in 10 years..

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

This is what i don't get, Renault don't make them, they buy them in and repackage them and add ---% on top, i deal with a lot of Volvo parts (marine side) i have had parts in there packaging and the parts inside i could have bought from the local motor factors and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart, ohh and Volvo Penta then at least double the price.

I am happy to use a good quality aftermarket part, or it might be from the same factory as the genuine parts come from :laughing:

5. ^This^

I could be mistaken but iirc BERU manufacturer the coils for Renault

Mikey4410 and ianplymouth like this.
  6. Did you buy these in the end? Looking to do the same with my car and just wondered how the quality was? Cheers

7. Not yet. Prices are all over the place and I don't know if a £45 set is actually any different to a £25 set. I may contact ianplymouth and see where he bought his.

8. Ended up buying the ngk ones and ngk platinum plugs for £100 delivered. Will let you know the results once installed.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  9. Just to update, the plugs and coils I purchased here http://www.gsparkplug.com/ sorted misfire and the coils look and feel quality. Cannot see the point in paying £50 a coil for Beru when the ngk are £18ish each. I guess time will tell but at at third of the cost for a reputable brand, I can't foresee any problems

10. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I bought the Valeo green top coils a couple of years ago and had no issues.