250 Ignition Coil Stud Kit

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Charlie Howard, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Does anyone know where I can get a stud kit for the ignition coils? 2 of the threads have been cross-threaded so will need repairing and then a stud kit put in.

2. Can you helicoil it?

3. Charlie Howard

I'm not sure, I did speak to someone about it they said it's common on these cars so they just suggested a stud kit.

4. helicoiled all mine to M10 spanner instead of tiny M8

5. Charlie Howard

Did you do it yourself? If so what kit did you use?

6. I sell helicoil kits if you need one

7. Charlie Howard

How much are they?

8. Hell yer, part fun ownership

9. Depends on what size you're after.

10. Kit is cheap as chips just need get right size kit for each bolt size

11. Charlie Howard

I don't really know what size I need, just 1 for each of the ignition coils.

12. I’ll ping up size tomozz if like

13. 6mm thread originally.

14. I’ve got a R26 and there 6mm thread because I’ve had to tap and dye 2 of them to 7mm when I have time I’ll be doing them all to 8mm and ordering a couple 8mm Allen key bolts to look like the rest I brought from pure motorsport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Charlie Howard

16. looks like need to screw the new bolt in to existing hole (prob with Allen key) then install coilpack then tighten nut, and yes I would put loctite stop it unscrewing

17. Charlie Howard

Problem is the thread is either stripped or cross-threaded so it won't do up, will this need repairing or could I just hammer it all the way in seeing as it doesn't have to come out?

18. wouldn't hammer in, not sure how this product works but at guess you'd screw into existing cross-threaded hole and it makes its own way in as a permanent thread maybe

19. Charlie Howard

Comes with loctite to make sure. I'm just gonna retap the thread and see how it goes.

20. drilled new threads and never looked back