If you have an mot soon, don't do this! :-)

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Lee Robertson, Jun 17, 2019.

1. So, don't do what exactly? Well, with my mot looming tomorrow for the first time in my ownership of the car i noticed the steering wheel was height adjustable! lol
    Then my lol'ing briskly stopped as when i put the steering wheel in the higher position the airbag light came on!! So, just a little warning to you all if a short arse or a giraffe wants a go in your wheels pre mot, resist!! :-)

2. I am sure cars know when they are due and mot, or about to sell them, always the way

3. True. Double checked bulbs were OK in the morning, drove to MOT at lunchtime and one was out!

4. Thats so true when you're selling a car, or an mot something happens, had a couple of funny examples selling a car.
    Was selling a mk2 scirocco years ago, just returned from a 190 mile round trip, put the car in the drive. Buyer turns up an hour later, test run? No problem mate, strat car up, shove it in reverse, nothing! Gear linkage fell off underneath car!
    And had a z31 300zx turbo nissan, guy turns up, says i love the pop up head lights on these, i obliged by popping them up for him, well, one popped up lol, had the car for 4 years! Never done this before!

Ian Hughes likes this.