250 Idling RPM fluctuates

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by soulblade, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Started the car in the morning and quickly moved into the garage, then the idling suddenly goes up and down between 700 and around 1500-2000, cant really remember. Didnt have much time to observe..
    What could be the reasons?

2. They all idle weird...Renault tech told me the cold idle method used by Megan's is strange,and a wonder it can idle at all

3. Yeah mine does the same if you try and drive it straight from starting. A little bit of throttle makes it go up and down like a yo-yo. Just give it about 20 seconds and it goes.

4. Mine also does this. Normally only when i get in to it after work. If i sit in the car for a min before driving off it doesn't happen.

5. Mine is exactly the same. But mine is more like 1k to around 3k and up and down again and again like i'm blipping the throttle.. I think its normal for this car for some reason lol... I've never seen anything like it though. Just let it idle for an extra 10-20 seconds and I find it doesn't happen.

6. I guess it's not a problem then..

7. mines done it for years..no probs when its warm.

8. Mine does this too, not always, sometimes it misbehaves and acts like a normal car