265 idle rattle engine

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Charliers265, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Hi I have a 2012 Megane rs265 I have only had it a few days and I have noticed a rattle around idle coming from the engine if I rev it when it idles again I hear it otherwise it sounds good through Rev range can anyone shed some light on this I am new the this site and having a megane rs

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

does it make the noise with the clutch peddle down also try it in gear, if it still happens could be the start of the dephaser pulley on its way.

How many miles has it done and when was the last oil change ???

3. It done 52 tho not long been serviced by Renault I will check if it dose it with the clucth pressed today I was thinking dfm what is the dephaser pulley is it part of the cam belt

4. ianplymouth

Yes the dephaser is the pulley that works the variable valve timing.
    My clutch was changed at 103k miles and didn't need a flywheel not saying it doesn't need one but ................

5. The noise goes when the clutch dipped so am guessing dmf

6. ianplymouth

Or it could be the first motion shaft bearing (gearbox input shaft), i have heard of a few that have had the bearing go

7. I will monitor it it ok for now am going to be the cam belt soon for peace of mind anything else i should be aware off ?