250 Identifying Cup Chassis

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by LewisEaton, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Evening guys,

I've had my Meg now for about 4 months but never truly known if it's a full fat w/cup chassis or just a full fat. I've searched for a while and seen what to look for however still can't be sure! The front calipers aren't solid red however the rear ones are. The discs also don't look grooved but they don't look too old so they may have just been replaced with cheaper alternatives by the previous owner. I tried to have a look behind the wheels but to be honest I don't know what I'm looking for! If anybody can help/advise that would be greatly appreciated! I've attached some pictures to help and apologies if I'm just being a bit thick :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Picture 1 - Fronts

[​IMG]

Picture 2 - Rears

[​IMG]

Picture 3 - Behind the front wheel, if there is anything actually to be seen ha

[​IMG]

2. Should tell you on the sticker inside the drivers side door shut, or you could ask Renault UK for the cars full spec by giving them your reg number

3. Looks like its leaking oil from looking at your pics.

4. Grooved discs and non grooved are the same price, I'd say its a full fat without Cup chassis as it looks like previous owner has painted the calipers red but wanted to keep the Brembo logos on the fronts so masked around the original paint/logos.

5. do you have understeer? :wink:

6. Cup chassis or not, my biggest concern would be the ditch finding tyres shown in the pics.

7. ^ indeed.. whats the point in that.

Looks like a 250 without cup back tbh.

8. You can tell if its got a LSD or not. Also O/S door sticker ? Firm ride ? If I put my reg in search-engines it comes up as a 265 cup ?

9. Never have budget tyres on a performance car ! Get a set of Goodyear F1 asymmetrical 2 or similar

10. Thanks for the replies everyone.

I tried asking my local Renault dealer but they informed me that they wouldn't be able to bring the spec up but I can try again, I'll check the sticker too.

Regarding the tyres I'm aware and I'm on the case! Just they were on when I bought the car a few months back and I've done all motorway miles since I had it so they've been okay for that job. Only a few mm left on them now though so I've been comparing some new ones.

11. As I said, ring Renault UK customer service and they will give you the full spec. If you are referring to Evans Halshaw Middlesbrough as your local dealer then I can assure you that they don't know their arse from their elbow.

12. Okay thanks mate, I'll give them a ring. I didn't think I had the diff and not too fussed for road use but thought I may as well find out.

Yes that's the nearest dealer haha, they do give off that impression so I believe you! I had to replace the front splitter a couple of weeks ago so they ordered the part in for me but then didn't know how to fit it.

13. Looks like a non cup to me. The calipers look to have been painted with the faces left the original silver.

14. Hi all, I contacted Renault who indeed confirmed that the car was not supplied with the Cup chassis. Thanks for all the help!