ID stray wiring please

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Smitters, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Long story short, I installed a short shift, so battery out and ecu, airbox and so on out, or moved over.

Come to restart and I get an odd set of symptoms. Battery was on trickle prior to fitting and shows 12.6v on the bench.

I put the key card in, hit start, and there is no attempt to turn over. I get a put car in neutral warning, a low battery warning and the fan comes on and stays on, only stopping once I pull the negative off the battery.

In investigating, I have found a set of four black wires with white chasers which combine into one black wire with a pink chaser and a broken terminal. The four wires come from the big loom set which also feed the middle and bottom multiply for the ecu. I assume a fatigued terminal broke as I moved the wiring over, but I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. Can anyone help please? 20201014_142513.jpg 20201014_152621.jpg

2. Mk 2 or 3?

3. That wire connects to the negative battery terminal. There should be a small round crimp style connector at the end of the wire. Should be more clear on the pic I've added. (Picture is not mine, I've just circled the wire)

Attached Files:

4. Outstanding - thank you so much. We now have a starting car. Shame about the multiple exhaust leaks from the new sports cat and pretty much every joint I touched!

5. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: