1. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, it's electrical my thinking :laughing:

Has anyone got or used one of these units
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iCarsoft...=292744997327acececfbdc4c45a281b8e417f34f706d

I have clip on my laptop but i think it's got corrupted and as windows 7 is no longer supported and as thats the only one it will work on i was thinking of the above unit.

I'm just wondering if its as good as the Windows clip version or possibly better :expressionless:

2. JJZ

JJZ

reading threw the description on E bay ian sounds like a good bit of kit that. but without anyone actually trying it out it’s a gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. That's exactly why i was asking, can't believe no one has used this system, was going to try and reinstall my can clip, but i can't find the disc, so i will see what the Renault garage say on Wednesday and then i might bit the bullet :sob::sob:

4. If its any good, it will be easier to cart around than the system i have at the moment :laughing:

5. JJZ

JJZ

might as well then bite the bullet and get it. [emoji6][emoji1303]

6. Be a maverick Ian, be the test pilot!

7. I think i will have a chat with I carsoft, because if it works and they sell a lot more i want some commission :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. JJZ

JJZ

if you buy it ian you’ll be able to tell us all the codes. [emoji6] my service light is not coming on all the rest of the dash lights come on tho it’s like as if somebody has turned it off is it possible to turn it on again.

9. I have a Delphi DS 150 and can code injector and program rdks (tire pressure measurement) and also adjust the throttle body. But that's almost all on a Renault. And I can't test or service the UPC I thing the ICarsoft can't much more for Renault.
    But that's just my thinking

However
    @Ianplaymouth are you interested at the software? I think I have it on my PC if not i can give you a Link where you can get it.

10. JJZ

JJZ

might go to renault itself it’s only 10 mins from me. try and get it plugged in to the software they probably will charge me tho diagnostics testing. [emoji2357]

11. I have Clip v175 and v184. just write me your email per Direct Message

In Germany they want 50€ so something around 40Pounds for diagnosting ^^

12. JJZ

JJZ

ye but i still have to go to renault and get it plugged in and turned on don’t i even if i know the codes £40 pounds doesn’t sound to bad i don’t have a laptop with clip i can do myself thanks.

13. Hi Mate
    I would be very interested in the Software or the link if you can send it over, mine was a V160 version as it's on windows 7 i couldn't update it.

14. Your lucky at £40, i went 7 years ago and it was £90+ back then, didn't even ask this time as i need it sorted :cry::cry:

15. JJZ

JJZ

i will let you know how i get on does anybody know there way around the software on here what would it be under to turn service light on thanks

16. i can sort the service light on mine when it works, have done it in the past.

Also if you scroll through the dash display until you get to the service alert, then push the button in and hold it until it starts flashing and let go of the button when it says service in 12-15k miles, sure thats how i did it

17. is it that your service light isn't working at all ????

18. JJZ

JJZ

ye ian it’s not working at all no light. completely turned off everything else works tho someone must have gone into the software before i had it.

19. That's got to be in the main programming part, Can Clip will be needed for that

20. JJZ

JJZ

ye i thought it would have to be done by renault clip. weird that someone would turn it off.

21. Does seem a bit strange as its easy to reset if it goes over or gets close :laughing:

22. have you looked for clip software download on google ian?..just a quick search brought up windows 7 software downloads for various sources..

23. To be honest i didn't, thought it was only supplied with the hardware, will have a look later

24. looks like its a free download ian.

25. okay cheers, will have a look

26. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

It will run on Windows 10 if you're handy with a computer and fiddling, I've got v183 running on 10 Pro

27. Ohhh that's good to know, at least i could possibly update the program with windows 10, my windows 7 version was 1246 days since the last update, the day it was installed.

I'm in no way handy with a computer, is it really that hard to sort :cry::cry::cry:

28. no wonder it dont fkn work then!...You got one of those mobile pc tech guys around your area?..or a shop with techs that could help you upload and update.??

29. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I can’t check mine as @CJ_RSport has it, but from memory it is as simple as running the installer in compatibility mode, Windows 98 or 2000 from memory.
    I also can’t remember if it’s a 32bit Windows 10 or the normal 64bit version

30. I fell out with the guy that used to do my PC stuff, kept wanting me to fix his car for a McDonalds pay, i cant stand that stuff so i didn't answer the phone for weeks :laughing::laughing:
    Saved him an absolute fortune, spent 12 hrs on one job for him got a burger and a coffee and when i wanted 10 minutes help he was busy :rage:

So no, i don't have anyone :cry:

31. I couldn't even tell you what Bit 32 or 64 this laptop is running

I like mechanical things :laughing::laughing:

Agreen likes this.
  32. i know many fuckers like that!
    must be a computer shop round your way..even a pc world has a tech dept.

33. unfortunately..cars are more electrical than mechanical these days!!

34. Are you serious, PC world :confounded:

Be like going to Halfords for an engine rebuild :openmouth:

35. Was a job on his Audi, they suffer with oil pump drive chains snapping, Audi wanted £2000 for the job i got a McDonald's double cheese burger :unamused:

36. im sure even them can upload a file for you!

37. ungrateful twat...all he did was shoot himself in the foot..

38. I'm sure i might be able to sort something will have to ask around

39. It was also the fact that when i needed some help he wouldn't
    He's bought a BMW now so i wouldn't even have that in my workshop :laughing::laughing:

40. that guy i know is exactly like that.you just cant understand the thinking...