I am impressed

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Alex_225, May 11, 2014.

1. Well I must say, my 225 is making for being a really good all rounder. My first 225 didn't get used very much at all so I never had much idea about it's running costs other than the odd weekend drive.

Well my 225 Trophy is being used as my day to day car, don't drive far but use it at the weekends and do about 10 miles mid week to training and back.

Anyway, I went down to see my little girl who lives in Bristol and took the Trophy on it's first proper outing. Set the cruise control to 68 mph, revs nice and low and maintained 42mpg all the way home. Even though it's re-mapped it does better mpg round town than my cammed 172 managed.

Plus I just started a new insurance policy with Esure and got it for £320 for the year.

Other than a few little niggles, well pleased with daily RS Megane ownership. :smiley:

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I'll agree with that, love having an RS as my daily. Especially coming from being a 1.2 owner for 7 or so years.

3. Blimey a 1.2 to an RS Megane would feel like a huge jump!

I went from a 1.2 Clio to a Clio 172 and that felt mega quick. Although back in the day when you didn't have to worry so much about fuel costs like you so now!

4. Had my 225 for two years now and use it every day and apart from a snapped front spring and a window reg its been fine, could do with a LSD as its a bitch to fire off the line and out of corners and forget it in the wet. lol

5. I've had a couple of niggles on mine but I think because the last owner didn't use it daily they didn't really become too apparent.

I don't find mine too bad in terms of getting off the line but I can imagine an LSD could make a huge difference.