Hybrid Turbo Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Guilledippolito, Aug 1, 2014.

1. That its a stunning time , please can you share more info , like whether condition on that run?altitude? weight of the car , fuel type? ,any other info like lightweight wheels etc?
    Thanks
    Regards

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine does around 10s for the 100-200 sprint as well, 365bhp

jp27v6tt likes this.
  3. Thanks Jamie !
    A couple of questions
    1-What fuel used?
    2-what company tune?
    3-altitude?
    4-device used to test?
    5-what modifications on your car?
    6-any weight reduction , wheels ,tires?
    7-wheather at the moment of the test?
    8-Gear used?
    Thanks very much in advance
    Regards.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. 9. and what boost values at peak and at the top rpm pls .. ?

5. I will post some more data later today , hope Jamie take a look over here and share some more data.
    Regards.

6. Bumi , how does your car its running? please take a look at the dyno of may car , from top to bottom on my cel ( was logging info)
    1-timing
    2-RPM- right ,Boost
    3-Intake temp -right throttle position

As you can see its boost 22,5 lbs at 3400 rpm in 4 gear holding to 5500 rpm then star to fall to 19 lbs at 6500 rpm
    The car puts down 316 hp at almost 6000 rpm and 490 nm at 35xx rpm , will post the dyno later today .
    If you take a look at my channel you can see some "other" data against another cars.
    Regards

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Muxa likes this.
  7. my car runs with 1.5 bar@3400 , and 1.4bar@6500 - 320PS/460Nm

Jamie can You put Your values here ?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

24psi @ 3500ish and 20psi at 6750

Peak figures 370PS/520NM

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Still making around 350 even at 6000rpm

10. What dyno? all read different , that its why its so important to have another way to measure the car like 100-200 km etc So we can compare...otherwise its imposible.
    Jamie its posible for you to respond the above questions we ask? Thanks.
    Regards.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I can't be arsed answering them all but it's a custom tune on an RST hybrid with supporting mods, always ran in super unleaded be it v power or momentum. Mine is pretty stripped out, that was on stock wheels but I have some OZs to go on that are around 5kga lighter per corner. It was just a video, IIRC I needed 4th and 5th, roads were damp and cold as per normal Scottish winters

Nigelo likes this.
  12. Do you have a dyno printout mate? would love to see the spread of that!

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'll get my tuner to send me a copy as I had it done the night before we went to the Ring and seem to have misplaced the printout I had

14. Lovely! Your video on the ring sure proves it has plenty of power!

15. Jamie, do U have still stock engine? Or forged?

Can U show us Your dyno?

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Stock internals, have a few other bits to do after winter to get me to 380/390 then I may look at forging next winter if it goes pop with a GTX30 or HTA turbo

17. Can You discribe Yours stage?

18. Can You describe Yours stage?

Few bits to do... what it mean? :smile: porting?

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Tubular mani, water meth, less restrictive exhaust and fmic, basically just optimising the current setup

20. Thanks!

And can You describe actually setup?

21. With tubular manifold it will spool around 300 rpm later.Not a big problem but I'm sure you didn't thing about that.

22. Great posts guys, I didn't notice them.

My Mk2 used turbo, to be modified to 20T, will arrive in a few days, along with the 630 Siemens deka injectors.

I also discussed with Supersprint to have a new 76mm exhaust manufactured, with EGT and wideband bunds on the downpipe and possibly a bypass valve at the back, to keep it quiet when I want it, direct pipe when I want to wake up everybody.
    The current one is 65mm, too small.

The ECU tune will be done with all the parameters monitoring so also knock sensor, by an Italian company.
    Increased crackle and launch control too...

I hope to get 360hp with 1,6~1.65 bar of boost, and keep it at 1.4 to the limiter at 6600 rpm.

Hopefully I'll get 10~10.5s on the 100-200kph acceleration time, my car is not stripped but I have very light wheels.

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I did and it's one of the reasons why Im going tubular, it should move the powerband and torque further up the rev range, perfect for something used on track and is exactly what I want, midrange is great for cruising on the road but I'd rather have a stronger top end.

24. Than you are on the right track.

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Im interested in seeing the results, Ive seen ~20bhp peak figure gains with a tubular manifold on these, If you get one well designed and built, I hope to have it done in the next few months if i can find a spare stock manifold

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I know but that's very expensive, I cam get a customer one built with lifetime warranty for about half that

27. Incl. Downpipe? Bargain!

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I don't need a downpipe, That one is 1150E without it as well and is made to order, I had considered it when replacing my engine and turbo earlier this year but i couldn't wait that long.

29. More You can get with sports cam.. :smile:

Can You describe for me Yours actually setup??

30. Ah okey, since it's inthe pic i assumed it came with it

31. Can You show US Yours dyno??

32. d0b1ae7804a65daa721bce40544b4ec7.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Mikeyjp likes this.
  33. You can get 380-400 go from hybrids , the problem it's the turbine housing it's to small... I would stay under 500 NM of torque in this motor.
    Regards

Guilledippolito likes this.
  34. Yes, but i have internals stock, i preffer be save.. but you right [emoji1303] exhaust housing to small

35. It's not hp the problem but the torque and where the peak torque occured , backpressure , timing etc...you can have 450 hp on this motor and be ok ...just need the correct supporting mods and a good tuner , it's not the same 500 NM at 2500 rpm that at 5000.

36. From my point of view , people put to much atention to Dyno numbers instead they need to focus on track or other divices like 100-200 km tests ...so many types of dynos that show different info...etc,
    I rader put my money in companies that have track proven cars than the ones on the Dyno..

37. With stock internals that's an excellent result.

Can you post the chart also, I would to see how it goes till the rev limiter.

Can you tell me:
    - Exhaust Ø
    - Intake type
    - Injectors type (Siemes 630cc)?

I'd love to see a 100-200 video to see how it goes in the real world.

38. Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

39. Most important is remap and turbo modify for good results