Hybrid Turbo Megane RS 250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Guilledippolito, Aug 1, 2014.

1. You our won't see that power from a r26 block though will you.

2. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

With forged internals I will :smile:

ana6esu3.jpg

3. Flow is what makes power not boost.Stock oem 250's turbo can run at 1.6bar @5000 and produce 320 HP, hybrid from RSTuning run 1.65 bar almoust to the limiter this is around 360 HP.

4. Not without a different head and compression though. Thats why the the 250 makes more power too

5. Thats not quite true. With higher comp comes more power but usually a higher risk of det/knock. The pistons will have been modified to drop the comp and reduce / limit det. I believe it the VVT that makes the power.

Wonder if a sandwich plate could be employed on a r26 to drop compression ?

6. Then theirs the gear box, what power will that take till it goes bang

Lochlainn likes this.
  7. Dont really hear of the megs boxes failing though, not like the clios anyway! They chew em up in standard form.

8. Now we are tests about car ra9ebuju.jpg

9. 400ibft + apparently.

Can always go o2m ..

10. the picture is fuzzy , but it looks like an innovate MTX-L doing AFR?

11. The reason 250's make more power is head and cams.VVT is there only for emissions and low rpm drivability
    You don't need to drop the compression, compression is your friend!Not like you are going to drive with 2 bar of boost.

12. To an extent yes , but it also induces knock/det

Why is the meg 250 engine lower in comp than the r26 engine ?

13. knock is not a problem on 9:1 compresion.I'm running 1.6 bar of boost on gtx3071 with 9:1 compression.
    Meg 250 is running 8.5:1 compression because the stock car running almoust 1.35 bar ( in latest edition) and that need's to be done everywhere in the world with different fuels.

14. Interesting ! :smile:

15. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Any updates on your car, Sokol?

Sounds like you have the turbo kit fitted and running now :smile:

16. I have hybrid in mine too :smile:
    Now runs 1,6BAR boost (peak and 1,5BAR boost to the end (7100). Full boost is from 3000.

[video=youtube;aAdz4KHM-tA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdz4KHM-tA[/video]

[video=youtube;LVwsePFO1cc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVwsePFO1cc&list=UU5j_2lgH7096SRULyb8iJBw[/video]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Excellent work!!! good vídeos!!

18. @Shymek : Are you sure that it holds boost until redline ?

19. Yes, I'm pretty sure :smile: When I have my old turbo from MEG 3RS (TD04L6-15T) it holds 1,2BAR boost to red line ftom something about 2700 :wink:

20. OK...do you have forged internals ? And who made the map ? I also run hybrid turbo...but at redline my boost drops to 1.3 bar because my tuner said....its not good for the engine. It holds 1.5 until 6000...but then it drops. I have 345hp on the rollers.

21. My friend make maps for me. Earlier I have 300BHP but with wavy 1,4BAR boost. Now I change MAP sensors and clean the trothe and everything is all right. I don't know how many HP - I must go on dyno :smile:

22. Yes it is up and running.Fully maped by Paul @ RSTuning (Thank you Paul!! ).Maxed out the injectors @ 1.6 bar @7200 with full fuel system.But the most interesting thing is, that the car still has traction as it is maped that boost is increasing gradualy starting with 1.38@3900 to 1.6 @ 5000

23. what injectors do you have?

24. Deka 630

25. The Deka 630 are not good for the MK3 Megane. Better use ev14 from Bosch with 750cc. The spray pattern is much better.

26. I don't have MK3.I'm driving MK2.

27. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Update your project thread! :wink:

Would love too see your engine with the new turbo kit and fuel system.

28. i have 330 BHP with injectors originals and 20 PSI, im feel good be6emyje.jpg

29. Rapper

Rapper Banned

Nice to see it,actually i love teh cars and all these parts attract me too much,its a hybrid one and later on this part would be on the local bases well used in teh cars becaue of teh shortage of fuel,its turn teh automotive industry to the electrical industry.

30. Hi guys, let me revive this thread. I was wondering who has a hybrid turbo on the forum and if you have recorder some acceleration time.

My car currently has the usual (exhaust, IC, remap, 300hp) and does 100-200 in around 15s. The best I've seen with good intake, 100ron fuel map does 13.5. I was wondering what could the acc. time be with a hybrid and stock internals, and with forged internals and higher boost...
    10s?

31. Thanks for the links roundup Buni.

I ended up purchasing a used 225 turbo from the UK, I'm going to send it to a company in Poland, Perun Turbo:
    https://www.facebook.com/perunturbo
    for compressor and turbine housing machining, with a 20T compressor wheel, new turbine, reinforced bearings and actuator. Perun says is going to be good for 360h.

BR performance with this turbo, Deka 630cc injectors (I'm buying a batch from the US, I'll sell them for € 250 each set), exhaust, intake an intercooler, 100ron fuel, gets 350hp and 520nm with stock internals:
    https://www.br-performance.be/en-be...gane-3-ph2-2012-2013/5375-rs-2-0t/?stage=4177

You can see in the dyno that torque is not penalized at all.
    I'm actually going to keep the torque in the midrange a bit lower, around 480nm at 3500 rpm, but trying to push it a bit higher in the high range for track use. The larger turbo advante is in the upper rev range after all!

The map will be custom, developed with EGT, wideband and knock sensor.

I'm also going for the crackle and launch control.

I hope to get 100-200 kph in under 11 seconds with these modifications, and with launch control 0-200 kph in 16s is feasible.

Nigelo likes this.
  32. i saw few Megane's after Perun Turbo modification, and i'm really confused
    it looks like this ( Perun bold line , thin is my on stock Turbo ) ....
    c858124b28884b91.jpg

33. and another one : 607f519c518cfa41.jpg

34. Hi Buni,

I can get you an uprated turbocharger for maybe a bit more interesting price, it will have a bigger turbine with cutback for maximizing flow, and a 19t billet compressor. This will be good for 360+

Nigelo likes this.
  35. Buni that doesn't look right... are you sure it was properly mapped with all the other upgrade?
    Where does that dyno come from?

36. all mods to cars done ( IC, Exhaust, DV, AIR Filter ) , different is only turbo. same tuner as mine

37. So basically the stock turbo is better?! Disappointed. Who is your tuner?
    Ho come BR Performance with same turbo and mods got 350 / 520 I wonder

38. i'm just asking which will be the best Hybrid :smile: ...

39. Hi guys I got some info , Im running at the moment the ktec hybrid stage 2 turbo , deka 630 injectors etc
    The car setup with the stock turbo is
    -2,75 turbo back no cats super sprint
    -Ktec complete intake (CAI)
    -Fmic
    The car was doing with the stock turbo( tuned ecu) 12,7 seg from 100-200 km that was at 15 Degrees C at 700 mts over sea 97 oct ron , using the vbox
    Right now 11,3 on about he same conditions , I will post some pics later .
    Some vids
    1-tune , drop in filter

2-upgraded turbo same other modifications

3-Some fun races...:wink:

Any questions please just ask.
    Regards.

MartijnGizmo likes this.