250 Hybrid turbo 250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by odinson, Jul 7, 2015.

1. So this running these where did you get them? Who mapped them? Was it worth the change?

I've contacted Paul at Rstuning about one but wanting to know if the change made the car a bit faster or a lot faster.

Internals need doing?

Thanks

Matt

2. I've seen a 350bhp+ on rstunings hybrid mapped by rstuning, also on standard intercooler. Probably had different bits on like injectors, exhaust, downpipe etc. though.

yes it will be fast and no the internals won't need upgrading

3. Car already has intercooler, 3" turbo back, filter and rstuning map made 312bhp 353lbs torque

4. Should be sound with 630cc's and hybrid turbo. Call RStuning :wink:

5. Was that using a remote map or rolling road mapping?

6. Rolling road ofcourse

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RST is the place to go, I had planned on Injectors and his Hybrid. Looking at 350ish BHP and similar torques but after my stage 2 map giving me 330bhp I'm not going to bother for now as the outlay for an extra 30bhp really isn't worth it, In my book anyway.

8. Stage 2 ? Was that at RST Jamie ? Is that just a map or are other bits needed ?

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No, not RST. Waste of my own time and money going all the way down there.

Ecotune done it, decat, intake and soon a fmic.

10. Thanks Jamie, Id like to think I'd notice the 40ish bhp gain over my current power and mods. Just waiting to hear back from Paul

11. Ovy

Ovy

100% This ^ exactly the boat I'm in too, factor in the extra torque and prob clutch too just can't justify it. Now My mod money is spent on maintainance and on fuel so I just drive the thing more lol.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You probably will, should drive a bit different as well as the torque should hang on til the redline. Im personally happy with what i have now and want to keep the reliability. Im going down the less weight route instead. Aiming for 1200kgs.

13. Fair enough. I might lose rear seats soon enough not sure yet but keeping the torque would be very nice inded