275 Hybrid mk3 intake

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by James275, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Standard box fitted with a k&n filter atm.
    If the car was standard I wouldn't bother with a induction but is it worth it with a rst Hybrid?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Most likely would benefit it in some way, I've seen people still run 330hp on the stock air box. As Jamie said in a post a while back, hybrid turbos are a bit out dated and your better going for a larger turbo

3. Biggest ‘stifling’ item in system is factory CAT not intake

4. How much difference does it feel with a decat. I can't be bothered swapping it all the time for MOT, so I'd either want a sports cat or a decat with a drop in section in the middle of the exhaust with a cheap cat to pass mot then swap it back to straight pipe

5. Decat makes a big difference. Just find a friendly mot. No one changes it over.

sen, RHK3 and ianplymouth like this.
  6. Why are hybrids outdated? I can build a hybrid which is able to make anywhere between 380 and 500 bhp. Ofcourse this won’t perform like a twice as expensive EFR but it doesnt have to since it’s not in the same price range.

7. I'd be interested in knowing what you'd use to build a higher horsepower hybrid. Would you still use the TD04 turbo

8. I would still use the TD04 but machine the housing to accept bigger wheels on both sides apart from other modifications like bearings. It can be altered to about a GTX2867r gen2 level with a slightly bigger compressor wheel. The “regular” hybrids are 19/20T while it’s possible to fit a slightly larger than a 23T wheel. The turbine side also has to be upgraded with a bigger and more efficient wheel.

9. You’ll only know this with back-to-back testing on the dyno. Have you got a tuner you can trust? i.e. Is not pushing certain products.

10. I would say that it’s wise to seek Jamie’s counsel, however, it seems that at times he experiences cognitive dissonance. An example of this is his response to best and worst cars; the Megane.

11. Yeah it's pointless discussing how dated the megane turbo is. Was an rs running hybrid that I was given. Was just curious if there was a definitive answer on intake. Alot of people rate oem setup for normal mapping but was curious if this changed for a hybrid.

12. Yeah car isn't being pushed as of yet. We decided 340 340 for clutch reliability. Might go up later on but for I'm happy with that. Wasn't sure if the Itg intake was worth the extra money or not.