Hybrid dyno graphs

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by neilrs, Jun 9, 2016.

1. let's see some dyno graphs from the hybrid turbos!

Note, this isn't a comparison about numbers - ultimately the more you spend the faster it will be, but more about seeing how the graphs compare and results of how it feels to drive

I asked RSTuning for a 350/350 car and that's what I got. The power comes in progressively once the turbo has spooled up

In a perfect world for track work it would "keep going"... I'd love to see the power line steeper and go to 400 so it keeps pulling and pulling, but I know the turbo would need changing for that, and probably internals sorting etc

smallnew.jpg

I'm really curious to see if others have maxed out on torque and how it feels once the torque drops off, whether it's flat towards redline etc

2. Any intel already about the maximum we can squeeze out of the engine before it *pops* ? Like the 225's that bend their rods at 420Nm+ ?

3. I have another question. When you drive on the street, do you feel that torque bump at ~3200rpm? It feels like the car pulls stronger, let it go for a second and then continues to pull?

S.

4. No, that's just overboost. It's smooth throughout when driving

Only thing i would want is more top end for track

5. Jamie's is running 385lbft and 365bhp and i've seen 350+ Megane's on RStunings facebook too, even with standard intercooler.

So i reckon yours could do more doesn't it? Reckon you have 630cc injectors installed?

@TsArno Voor zover mij bekend is 500nm+ geen probleem, laten we 500nm aan houden voor langdurig gebruik....

6. I asked for mine to be 350/350 :smile:

It can do more... But what are the limits people have been seeing after prolonged track use?

I don't want to be out at the ring on a sunny day and then BANG... No car until the engine is rebuilt

If I was going to go for a built engine, I'd probably keep it around the 425/425 region but I don't know what else would need replacing

What's the standard clutch good for before people have installed the helix option?

I assume the drive train is also something to bear in mind as a weak point - is there an upgrade path for that and at what point does that become an issue?