225 Hub Carrier assembly torque values please!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Cold_Drift, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ok, so I have undertaken the adventure of changing the complete front suspension on my 225. This has been a hell of an journey and has taken days longer than expected. Anyhow, I am putting the hub carrier back into the shock mount assembly and I can't find the torque values for the top and bottom bolts that connect it to the rest of the pivot assembly. I have a pdf of the manual but it doesn't mention this torque value...

Any help would be great!

2. Just do them up tight, top i would say around 40 ftlbs and the lower about 30 ftlbs, i don't bother with a torque wrench, only use a torque wrench for head bolts, big end and main bearings and of course wheel nuts when on track. :laughing::laughing:

3. I don't know about 40ftlbs (55nm), when I took it off of there it seemed more like it had over 110nm of torque on it. I would prefer to find the correct values as over or under tightening the bolts is easily done. So far, every bolt I have screwed in, has been at the correct values and I would like to stay with that method if I can as I know the part will not be overly stressed.

4. here is a picture of the part and arrows pointing to the bolts I am talking about. Not sure if my description above is good enough.

pivot hub.JPG

5. Ahh those

Yes they are a higher torque as the bolts are bigger, think they were around 130nm

Cold_Drift likes this.
  6. yea, I am pretty sure they are up around there too. Because it is in such a critical location, I'm hoping someone has the values saved somewhere.

7. I went to Renault today to pick up some parts and they were nice enough to look up the torque values.

200 nm top and bottom.

8. I would be interested in changing swivel hubs myself, I can imagine it is a bit of a job. Does anyone have torque values for all the other bolts ,that are removed ,or any usefully information regarding ,swivel hub replacement. What tonnage of press would be needed to push out the old hubs ? Any info ,please ,would be useful. should all bolts be renewed ? Regards

9. https://turborenault.co.uk/threads/...25-r26-front-hub-lower-swivel-bearings.38970/
    Got mine ready to refresh and found the above useful. I’m reusing the top and bottom 24mm bolts. Just replacing the shock absorber pinch bolt and the 3 x 13mm bolts in each bottom plate, only because Ren7Oaks said they were a bit rounded (£30 for 6 bolts from Renault). Also have the grease bolt for the the bottom swivel bearing.

Harvey Smith and Brigsy like this.
  10. I done that guide for swivel bearing replacement years ago :grinning: no press needed for lower bearing, but upper will need something to pop it out. The upper bearing hardly ever needs changing in my experience.

Harvey Smith and Leigh like this.
  11. Thats a top guide to be fair mate, used it myself so thanks [emoji1303].
    Been stealing your knowledge since 2005 (rtoc) so I probably owe you many thanks. [emoji1787]

Brigsy and Harvey Smith like this.
  12. Thanks Brigsy, that guide is very useful.

Brigsy likes this.
  13. No worries mate :sunglasses: Rtoc used to be class then facebook came along and killed all the forums off

Leigh likes this.
  14. Hi Chappers do yoiu have a part number for the 13mm bottom plate bolts?

15. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

16. The bolts renault supplied me had a larger head than original, 16mm or so iirc. Did not cause an issue mind.

Could whip one out and go to a local fasteners, they arent nothing too flash just a flange head bolt, poss 10.9 grade

17. 13mm bolts 77 03 002 692 are nothing special, just M10 x 30mm flanged hex head bolts (threaded their entire length) and are 10.9 grade steel (not stainless). Almost £30 from Renault for 6 of them!!

Brigsy likes this.