Hub bearings

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by knoxville256, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Hi all new to this site, got my low mileage 225 a month or so ago as a bit of a toy and love the car but it handles like a pig due to hub bearings being knackered but have had them done today by mark black and the car now feels great, whilst there mark also fitted my milltek decat pipe and track rods and ends all in the day and the price was spot on
    great service he even waited till 7pm for me to pick up top bloke definately use him again and recomend him to anyone

2. welcome to the forum m8 :smile:
    glad to hear the 225 is now handling the way it should :cool:

3. Welcome

4. Welcome

5. what symptoms did you get from bearings beeing nakered, mines all over road understearing - play in steering wheel etc. doesnt no which way to go when on a white line etc. really bugging me nothing loose or noticable by eye.
    been told its the hub bearings can somebody please comment to back theory

cheers
    jay

6. That does sound like the hub bearings. Get it booked in with Mark Black, it really is worth it. He did mine yesterday, and it feels like a new car!

7. On mine the steering wheel was not returning to centre when coming out of roundabouts ie if you let go of wheel to feed back to centre it carried on going round the roundabout get it to mark black amazing service top bloke

8. Need these done on mine but understand Mark is up North and a bit of a trek for me! Anyone know anybody down South that is reliable and can fix em?

9. R26

R26

The money you'll probably save getting mark to do them it'll be worth the trip. I drove up from ashford and it was still cheaper than any local garage quoted.

10. Fair one, looks like it will be a trip up to see Mark soon then!

11. I was up at Mark Black's last weekend. Made the trip from South of Guildford to get my steering rack replaced. Mark was a complete legend and did a cracking job on the car. I'm over the moon with it and at his prices it's well worth going up to see him.

I will 100% be returning for my 6 yr service and belts next year, as well as a few other bits and bobs :wink: