1. Hi, from south africa. Ive had my black 225 f1 for about 8 years now still runs nice but small hassles now at 180tho km. It has decat and staight pipe sounds really nice with a 63mm down pipe.
    Ive recently got a rb8 on 100 tho km and completely stock. Has a rattle on the passenger side so im replacing tie rod ends, ball joints and roll bar rods on both sides. Doing decat same time. Ive gone with 63mm again. Should all be done by wednesday and cant wait to drive it more.
    Been reading this forum for ages and bout time to join :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Nice motors mate! The S1000RR yours as well?!

RsMarley likes this.
  3. Hi man! I can see you like the diamond, can´t I? I hope you enjoy they a lot. Welcome by the way!

RsMarley likes this.
  4. Thx guys and no its not my s1000 good friend of mine we just came from the track Scrabanti in port elizabeth

5. Mini cat going in, got some errors when i did the decat.

Attached Files:

6. This loyal girl is gonna get some tlc soon

Attached Files:

7. Not sure where else to post but update here. The first few weeks has been a tough few with the rb8. Replaced ball joints, polly bushes, tie rod ends and roll bar link and a decat at same time. Hoped that would sort a rattle out ive been hearing but its still thier. Our roads are terrible with speed bumps all over and that rattle is gonna drive me nuts. So i just visually cheched the engine mounts and look good.
    Also did plugs to the ngk... 8 plugs and spaced them to 0.6.
    Thermostat replaced i took a chance and they seem universal. I have a clio thermastat in now and deff sorted out my erratic temp gauge and car revs alot deeper.
    I got castol edge 5w 40 oil and filter to do next.
    The last thing to do is the roll bar mounts.
    This doesnt look like a easy thing to do because its behind the power steering.
    Has any one done these befor? It must be that rattling over bumps?
    Can i do polly bushes on the engine mounts?
    Should i take it in to do roll bar mounts? Would you trust other guys working v on your car. Flip some advice would really help.

8. Shes really running good and tight in the corners. Just this dam roll bar rattle over bad roads

Attached Files:

9. I know you have done the drop links (anti roll bar links) but have you done the twist links ? I had same issue a few weeks back and changed the twist links and rattling has gone completely.

https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.u...ion/renault-megane-mk3-rs-anti-rotation-link/

I had it on ramp twice to look and couldn’t see any play but it must of been very slight.

Forgive me if you have done them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks, is that the short link from the control arm? I havent done those yet cause they comming in the post still. They seem ok. You right tho it could be that, hold thumbs for me.

11. Yep those are the ones, mine seemed ok on ramp and visual but must of been broken.

I had a low speed rattle on my bumpy road.

Hope these solve your issue tbh it does sound like anti roll bar bushes.

Car looks great btw :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Got one of these off ebay. Will fit it tommoro and see how it sounds, im hopeing for a tiny dump sound :smile:

Attached Files: