How to gain more torque? Megane 3 RS

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by L.JR, Jul 22, 2021.

1. I’ve seen Megane running 300hp/450nm & even 500nm, just wondering what is required or it just the remapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Intercooler and decat, but I think even standard it is very close

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

L.JR likes this.
  3. Mines got a bigger cooler, induction kit, exhaust and made 306hp and 465nm with standard cat still in place

L.JR likes this.
  4. Woah, that’s the kind of torque figures I am after. Mind sharing where you got your map done? & any wheel spins with this kind of torque?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. No real issues with wheel spin at all with the diff! Was mapped at KTEC racing in their dyno but actually mapped by Paul from RS Tuning Mines mapped on the ESP button so normal map until you activate sport mode then the remap comes into play

6. I wouldn’t worry too much about peak figures, it’s the area under the curve that counts. Here’s mine with a sports cat and intercooler. 817BD810-764A-41D6-B8B5-4E4C32847943.jpeg

7. Mines on the traction control button too. Makes quite a noticeable difference. Have you got RS monitor and if so what boost are you pushing?

8. Yes I've got the RS Monitor, but to be honest I haven't looked at the boost values ! Not sure if it can read recalibrated mapped boost levels!? One thing I find annoying about the RS monitor though is all it shows is a line on the screen to show whatever max boost its hit

9. Yes it does do, if i have it turned off my boost is 1050Mbar. If i turn the map on >1400Mbar. So it has a limit it reads.

The torque and power figures (CH) also adjust, but it only indicates 267ch when on the map, which is not correct. Yes it does leave a line for the maximum reached during that period. If you flip the screen it resets back.