Sponsored By:  

How To Drive "The Ring" WITH Insurance

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by R26Man, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Get an address in Germany. (Friend, Aunt, Uncle, Brother, Sister, Race Team, or other etc).

Get car through TÜV test. (MOT in Germany). Any replacement parts must be TUV approved parts ie: Milltek exhaust for RS250 is, the K-Tec Racing item is not. Headlights need replacing with righthand dip, speedo needs to show kph, car has to be Euro model (no imports from USA, Japan etc.

Get insurance quotation to include Nordschleife in the contract. Many do but not ALL German insurance companies include it now the track has been "sold" into private ownership. Prices are similar to UK but have greater cover.

Export your car (return V5 to DVLA advising car is exported) and put it on German plates at the local government office.

Hey Presto....full comprehensive insurance for the Nordschleife TF. Insurance does NOT include the G.P track!!

Safe driving.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    git-r and ultralight like this.
  2. that's probably the safetest way to get insurance.

Competition car insurance have told me in writing that I am covered under my normal road insurance for tourist days although not for track days.

I've never had to use this insurance but it's worth mentioning.