How rare is the mk3 megane rs ?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by keestar1994, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Hi I’ve got a 250 cup was just wondering how rare the mk3 megane rs is ? I never see them on the road. Would probably see loads if I went to a track day. They seem to be holding value pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I think the MRS are mostly second cars... and when you see most it's on the track!
    There should be few that have daily use.
    In my case, I only use it more in winter, due to snow and ice. besides that, when I can, I always ride a motorcycle!

3. I use mine as a daily love it :smile:

Vulcan3 likes this.
  4. I've bought mine for daily

keestar1994 and Vulcan3 like this.
  5. Mine's been a daily for a couple years or so too. Hope to get it on track very soon though.

6. Sorry me as well, we do have another car for family duties but the wife nicks that as she thinks the megane is too “bumpy”

I’m glad she does :wink: I enjoy it, not as much as I should though due to working from home being the new normal when I used to commute daily.

7. I have a 60 mile a day round trip. Will put the miles on.

8. I’ve been using mine daily for just over 6 years, love it.

keestar1994 and Mr Spoon like this.
  9. 1000 cars in a 7 year production run is pretty rare.

Think if other Ltd editions. P1 impreza was a thousand in a year. Clio trophy 500 in a year.

They were only shifting a hundred a year in last few years.

I cycle most days and use it at weekend etc. I only see 2 or 3 a year.

10. To be honest I hardly every see a mk3 megane never mind an RS.

Near renault dealer is not local whereas plenty of Ford, vag dealers around. Guess that has some influence on car buying, that and everyone I know say they hate French cars. Potentially based in a 15 year only £500 1.4 pug 306 they owned.

11. the rarest of them all will be the Trophy R , then the Trophy , then the monaco edition, then the RB7 and Red bull edition and also there are 4 special F1 edition models ....they are the most special i guess ( in terms of colours/ cosmetics ) . the rest are mostly all the same.

keestar1994 likes this.
  12. There is 4 including mine that I see all the time in my local area, probably within a 2 mile radius guess it’s a bit of a hotspot, ha. There’s a business where I live where one is plus a Clio 200 and the older Clio RenaultSport, guess they are fans.