265 How much boost on RS monitor

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Hsp, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Hsp

Hsp

How much boost do you guys hit on the RS monitor? Mine never comes to the end of the bar, no mather what. It tops out around 1250-1350 mbar. The car doesn't feel like its down on power or anything, and acceleration times like 80-120 kmh are like they are supposed to be, 2,9x seconds.

Is this just how the RS monitor displays the boost? Or should it make more than this stock?

2. E-A

E-A

If you have 1,35 bar I would say you don´t have a boost problem. I posted a video on here not long ago showing my RS Monitor comparing it between stock and remapped.
    If I remember correctly, when the car was stock I only got around 1,35 bar for a split second. At 6000 rpm the boost was down to 1,2 bar.
    On the rollers stock figures was 264 bhp @ Engine Dynamics.

3. Hsp

Hsp

Checked your video, yours holds boost a little bit better, but it's just a minor difference. Mine also peaks at 1,35 bar for a split second and then drops to 1,15-1,2 bar. Just weird that my RS monitor can show a max boost of 1,5 bar, but nice to know everything is alright.

4. E-A

E-A

Yes, that´s weird. I haven´t heard about that before, thought they were all the same. Don´t know if it´s possible to make a Monitor software update.
    Regarding 1,15 bar, it sounds a bit too low to me. What outdoor temp?

5. Pth

Pth

T

6. Hsp

Hsp

That was last summer when it was hot. Just checked it last drive, it peaks at 1,4-1,45 bar now and then drops back to 1,25 bar when getting towards 6000 rpm. Outdoor temp around 5 degrees. Powerwise I think its fine, it smokes my dads A4 3.2 which is also 265 HP, and I can keep up with my mates tuned Ibiza Cupra in a straight line which he says is running about 300 crank horsepower. Its just weird it doesn't use the full RS monitor boost bar. But I guess its just something software related, maybe someone with dealer software can adjust it.

Which type Megane 3 RS do you have? Also the 265?

7. E-A

E-A

Your car seems to run okay, but I´m no expert. Maybe others on here have different opinions.
    For the record, I have a 2015 265