How many mounts??!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by robin.yule87, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Hey might seem like a odd question but how many engine mounts will my megane 225 have??! I know they need replacing as vibration in the car on tick over is pretty bad! And do they cost much?! I've ready £25 off eBay to nearly £170+!? Cheers!

2. There's 4 altogether mate.

Top mount
    Gearbox mount
    Upper stabilizer mount
    Lower stabilizer mount.

I renewed mine last week. Changed them myself as well, especially after realising how it easy it was (plus the save on the labour cost).

My personal opinion but id go for genuine Renault mounts mate. I've had to replace one I bought off eBay as well it was shit. But each to their own.

Mine cost about £230 inc delivery. Changed them on Friday as the vibration in mine was really bad, its now like a completely new car. The top mount had pretty much collapsed.

Give Renault in Wolverhampton a ring mate and say your a member on here and you should get a bit of discount over your local renault. Got delivered the next day as well so can't fault them.

Hope this helps anyway.

3. That's a massive help pal cheers! I'm going to brave it myself, and too try buy some online!

4. I bought a Hutchison one from Eurocarparts. It was identical to the Renault one I took off. The Hutchison one even had the same etched writing on the top but it had been kind of rubbed off. It was only £59 as I had a discount code to get 15% off. You can use code BOX12 to get 12% off.