How many 66 plate Meg3 RS?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Pflanzgarten, Jul 21, 2023.

1. I sadly couldn't find any number, but how many 66 plate Megane 3RS do actually exist?

2. Website called how many left shows how many registered.

Looks to be 35 in Q3 2016 but that would include Jul-Sep. With September being 66.

So 35 would be Max. Cars already made so just be people holding off to get a 66 reg.

3. Mine was registered end Sept 2016, so might be one of the very last ones

Thanks for the info @NotaDiesel!!! !

4. I got a 66 plate too. I think Renault just loaded them with all the options they had about & then passed to dealers. The then could not shift for the full optioned price of well over £30k. Think mine would be £34k. So sat about as pre-reg then was discounted like crazy.

5. The one in the pictures has not got the exhaust so they may be library pictures. Ironically my car is a Yellow 66 plate & came from Arnold Clarke in Scotland........ So may be the last one.

6. Mine must be extra ordinary then.
    White Cup-S with no options, except Ohlins Was registered last week of Sept 2016.

Interesting, thanks for the links!

If mine wouldn't be stripped as we speak/type, and I'd keep it more of a road car, your spec/the car in the link would definitely be a better choice!

7. I have seen a few 66 plates with no options too. Maybe they preferentially put the options on the yellow cars!!!!!

I saw your other post on Ohlins. Been after a spare set for a while was close to buying a new set from France but the VAT/Duties now we are out of EU makes everything expensive.

8. Not wanting to start a political discussion, but definitely one of the headaches of Brexit.

I spend a night on the border after it came into effect as I had stuff with me that left UK temporarily before brexit and had to enter again after brexit.

The Ohlins are still up for grabs, but asked to delete the post, as I had no clue about the price.

Combine the pickup with a Nürburgring trip?

Edit: they're in almost new condition, no corrosion etc.

9. The new set I was looking at were about £2k. Which I was happy with.

Most other sets seem to be £800-£1000 in need of refurb. So that's another £1k. Takes you back to £2k.

There is a set on Ebay at the moment refurbed 1 year ago and 3k miles for £1k or offers. So that looks a good compromise.

Ones that have been on cars are very rough. So a set that is cosmetically nice is definitely a plus.

I worry about age of stuff as well as miles travelled as I think the original Ohlins said refurb every 5 years or 25k miles. As oil & seals will age also.

I got a set of Cup shocks & springs as original plan was to take mine off send away & put back on but another set of Ohlins saves a round of labour.

10. Have you posted up about the spec of the car you are building?

Alot of stuff coming off!

11. Yes, once you get into the higher end of suspension kits, it is quite baffling how much money one can sink into servicing the shocks… I remember when I got into racing my first car, how shocked I was, as the amount given for a service of four shocks was more than the normal coilover kits I was used to…

12. Good idea.
    I will write something up!