How best to sell my RS250?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by sonyboy, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Hi, I have a RS250 and thinking of selling it, not looking for a replacement as wife already has a car. I've tried listing it on here and also piston head but not had any luck. What is the best way to sell a RS250? Is it sell it back to Renault, an independant garage? Just looking for a best way forward. I think the car is worth around £8,250 and webuyanycar will offer £5,000 (i guess this is the no hassle way of selling). Thanks

2. The trade values are ridiculously low so if you’re seriously considering selling at that trade value, do yourself a favour and advertise on here and PistonHeads with a price about a grand or so more.
    The difference between £5000 and £8500 is huge. Even letting go at £7500 should be a bargain. Assuming everything is decent enough.
    Maybe re-link the ad.

sonyboy likes this.
  3. Thank you, really appreciate the idea. Would you suggest i stick with pistonhead, or switch over to ebay and autotrader? I have no idea what the differences are in terms of potential buyers

4. Just decrease your price and do on here, PistonHeads if already on there and Facebook groups.

5. It’s a non cup packed car that is affecting the value and the photos in the ad are shocking TBF.

6. Put a lower price in the text as an additional post. Give you a free bump too.

7. thanks, updated.

8. These 250's do seem command their values don't they

9. Has the car had any repairs?Body or mechanical? How long have you owned?

10. No repairs, owned since May 2014.

11. I'm not in the market for a Mk 3 but if I were there are a lot of options at the moment. High mileage, non-cup, and sunroof options (= extra weight) would put me off.

The fact you've had it 5 years is a plus. Better photos would help.