Honda Civic type R 2015 on sale in UK

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by dinn, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Concept no actual photos yet
    they has been a car spotted that looks very watered down

3k deposit and no photos of the finished car
    ill have one if it looks like that

2. Never known a car take so long to actually come out
    Oh it's 276 bhp by the way so same price per bhp as the meg.

3. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

So much dollar!

4. There is a lot of hype about this car and i hope it lives up to it.

Am i right in thinking this car doesnt have an LSD like the meg but rather some new steer-axis front suspension set-up- any one knows what this is? Similar set up to the new Focus ST maybe.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It will have an LSD.

6. It won't look like that...

7. I can't help but thing honda are too late to the party. This should have been out ages ago, when the 265 trophy broke the fwd nurburgring time.

They are having to compete with the Golf R pcp crew, the m135i second hand market and new M235i, a car you can get for 30k anyway.

it won't sell i don't think.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Could well be the last of the proper hot hatch, Manual, Large capacity engine etc.

9. it'll be very impressive if honda can produce a car that beats the trophy R's ring time and also works well on the road for daily use and practicality. shaping up to be a great car but like people say until you see the finished car and the final spec its anyones guess.

10. I hope they go down the traditional Japanese route of offering little to no options over standard (and that standard equipment is decent obvs)

11. 5 door only which is a shame - I'm out.

12. 280Ps = 276HP which just happens to be 1 more than 275 :rolleyes:

Seems a pretty unambitious power figure by todays standard too.

13. Am I wrong in saying that the only FWD hot hatch around with 300bhp+ is still the Focus RS? Surely another manufacturer could be a bit more ambitious with figures.. Meg's can easily cope with 300+ and not suffer handling wise at all

14. They might still be trying to adhere to the Japanese gentleman agreement with power

15. Hasn't that gone out the window? Don't Nissan and Lexus produce several cars beyond that? And I'm assuming the new nsx will too.

16. That does look disappointingly shit...

17. Maybe it's the disguise pattern paint but it doesn't look great. Glad I didn't rush into Honda to order one!

18. Whilst i love my rs, i still hope its an epic car. It needs to be with the years of hype!

19. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

The whole point of that wrap is so that you can't make out the shape of the car. It's purpose is to make it look like something it's not. So when it is unveiled, it'll look different.

20. Yeah but it looks nothing like the concept.

21. I talked to a dealer today who have been to the official dealer persetation. He says it will look like the concept. The camouflaged ones are just test mules.

22. I would be really surprised if it ended up being much different to the concepts we've all seen

still maintain that 4 pipes on anything this side of an m3 is overkill!

23. I do hope so, it looked ace. I hope they keep the concept tailights too (unlike the mule)

24. agree - the 4 pipe styling on the new Golf R doesn't look right, much prefer the two central exhausts on the previous model. Altho I get the impression two are fakes so maybe the same for the new Type R

25. Won't look anything like the concept, looks like it's driven through halfords and the body kit has been slapped on. Not all nice and smoothed in like the concept ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421618257.623822.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421618271.599536.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421618280.556162.jpg

26. The side skirts and front splitter have gone and those devilish lights on the rear spoiler seems to have been lost!

27. Well if it looks like that I'll be disappointed

28. Probably won't be far off the actual car, looks pretty much like the mule too just without the camo obviously.
    They never do look as good as the concept, bit of a shame really.

29. would never consider buying a Hongda anyway luckily!