High pressure Aircon pipe

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rms, Sep 27, 2014.

1. rms

rms

Hi all, any experience or advice from any member regarding changing the high pressure Aircon pipe. I can't work out how to remove the bulkhead soundproofing as it seems to be fixed to the turbo heat sheild cover, and this in turn is fixed to the soundproofing. Even when I manage to remove this I'm not sure on the access to remove the sealing flange from the connection to the evaporator. Plan B is to cut out the leaking rubber hose in the wheel arch and have one made up and try to seal with compression fittings. I was quoted 2 hours labour from the dealer, not sure they realised the turbo is in the way. Thanks all Rob

2. Engine near out job if you're wanting to get to the air con pipe behind the heat shield

3. You need it on a ramp and it would be about £120 + part

4. rms

rms

Thanks for the comments so far. Forgot to mention it is an R26. Was thinking that cutting out the old rubber hose will be quicker and a new hose cheaper than the whole Aircon pipe from Renault. Will report back on how much a new hose is and if it works, in case anyone else runs into this problem in the future.

5. rms

rms

Just an update on this problem if anyone encounters it in the future. image.jpg Nothing worse than an unanswered problem.
    As MJ57 stated engine out job, the high pressure aircon pipe terminates behind the turbo so not easy to access!
    the solution was to buy a complete set of megane aircon pipes from that auction site for £30
    i then cut out the leaking rubber hose/pipe located in the wheelarch and using a 1/2" compression fitting attached it to the good hose I cut from the second hand pipes. It was a bumper off job to get to the other end.
    all in all it cost no more than £50 and can be done at home. Not £120 for the hose alone. One thing to do do when using compression fittings on Aluminium pipe is to insert a steel tube into the inside to stop it crushing.
    i have an accumulator and the rest of the hoses if anyone is in need of one.

6. rms

rms

Image of how it ended up.
    image.jpg