265 High level brake light

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Willd, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Any idea how to remove this? Mounted in spoiler.

The handbook says to consult a dealer...
    Google mainly has descriptions of ones mounted on the tailgate which are accessed by removing interior trim, rather than how to remove one in a spoiler.

I'm guessing you can press a tab with a screwdriver etc. but it's a very tight fit at either end and I don't want to damage the paint. There's nothing obvious on the top or bottom edges.

Please don't tell me you need to remove the spoiler :confused:

2. Pretty sure it's secured in place with screws, which you can get too after you have removed the spoiler. It's only 8 screws holding the spoiler on & 2 location tabs/ lugs near the middle screws that hold it on if I remember.

3. Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll have to remove the spoiler when I get a minute. The brake light itself is fine, the rear-washer jet nozzle has been pushed into the housing, so I need to sort this.

4. I got this also, I was under the impression the spoiler needed removing.
    I wasn't sure if there was any glue/seal also holding it on?

5. Hi richmillions, no glue or tape holding it in place, although my spoiler screws were covered with tape, as per t&biskits, the light is held in place to the spoiler, I recall it’s two or three small screws, and the little Ariel is a clip-in, which just unclips, I found the best way is to remove the spoiler and flip it over onto the roof, this gives you good access to the screws for the light housing, nb put a blanket on the roof before doing any work And once you remove the trim to get at the spoiler and remove all spoiler screws, the spoiler is clipped in place, it takes a bit of a bump to release. Be careful it doesn’t jump out and scratch paintwork.

richmillions likes this.