R26 HID Kits

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by UBR26, Dec 5, 2013.

1. I've bought new ones in mine which are 'Hawk', spent about the same money they are very bright and have the proper pattern unlike my old cheaper hid kit which I got for £20.

2. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Xenons online on fb crackin guy me amd gavin have both bought from him

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

As CJ said, www.xenonsonline.com. Naithan's a good friend of mine, all decent kit and fairly cheap too.

£30 for the H7 kit in mine.

4. Which did you go for? 6000k?

5. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

6. So to clarify, are these legal or not?

7. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Strictly speaking no. To be legal they need to be in projector style headlamps, have headland washers and have an auto levelling system.

The auto levelling system is missing.

8. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Legal no but had MOT and tester even said pattern was perfect only thing missing was auto level system but they arnt that bad in projectors as standard headlights for glare and dazzling

I went for 8k will try get some pics up in one of my threads

9. Many Thanks for the guidance chaps, I'll get on the case and order some up, I think I'll stick with the 5000K as well.

10. Sorry Guys just another quick question did you get the Canbus Ballast with the kit?

11. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

All his kits are canbus compatible buddy

12. Cheers CJ, I noticed when putting in an order that there are 3 types of Ballast to choose from, Standard (free), Premium(+£20) and Canbus (+£35) . Just wanted to confirm that I need to get the Canbus ballast.
    :wink:

13. As far as i'm aware you don't need canbus at all. So standard or premium whatever premium is.

14. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Mine is the standard and they work fine.

15. Many Thanks Gavin and R26Chris..... Have a good day.

16. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Ah sorry just seen this yes as the guys said standards are the ones pal nice and easy to fit just take the arch liners back when wheel off to gain access

17. I'm assuming these are good for 250's too?

18. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Id guess so if h7 but message the guy on website he'll tell you exactly what you require bud

19. Reviving an old thread here but glad I found it, eBay is a minefield of Chinese crap. Just ordered a set from www.xenonsonline.com, looking forward to getting them fitted as the standard halogens are woeful!

20. Let us know how they are and get some before and after pics posted up, been thinking of doing mine for a while now as they are poor!

21. Bit of a slight delay on posting this up, but the kit from xenonsonline was brilliant, such good value for money. Took me just over an hour to fit, including bumper removal/re-fitting. I'd recommend this to anyone for the money!

New kit fitted:

ccGqJwI5.jpg

Before (halogen bulbs):

7rNNzatM.jpg

After (6K HID Xenon bulbs):

9FB1OVPZ.jpg

22. Literally like night and day!

23. Hi Guys,

Looking at changing my standard lights to Xenons. Couple of questions looking at this kit as people have recommend above.
    https://www.xenonsonline.com/xenon-hid-conversion-kits/h7-xenon-hid-conversion-kits.html/

1. Do you buy the anti glare or none anti glare?
    2. Are these legal MOT wise?
    3. How do you tell what headlights I have already, I see people saying about projectors?
    4. What the hell is canbus?
    Apologies if those questions sound plonkerish!!

I have a R26 58 plate

Thanks

24. The projector headlights are the same as mine above, I think it was only the 225's that didn't have projectors. If you do have projectors, you don't need anti glare. Anti glare bulbs are only if you don't have projectors.

I think canbus is the error system that will tell your car a bulb is out, but you don't need to worry about it on an R26.

I ordered their H7 6000K non anti-glare kit without canbus if that helps but I don't think it would hurt if you did get one with canbus.

25. sen

sen

Do the 250s come with xenons as standard? I’m looking at one next weekend. It’s just the standard 250 with leather seats.
    I have a hid kit I bought for my 225 but if the 250 have poor lights I’ll keep these for the new one if they fit?