hi, previous megane 225 owner!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by kendog, May 3, 2020.

1. hello people

just registered wahooo
    im a previous owner of a 2007 megane 225 lux and sold it for what i thought was practical reason turned out it was stupidity - currently rolling around in a 90hp 1.3 diesel corsa (HELP ME!!!)

im on the look for another megane but a r26 version this time and also to pick up some info about the megane sports in general.

cheers
    ken

2. Hi and welcome Ken
    There are plenty of threads about all different things on these cars.
    The search facility isn't that good, what stuff are you looking for ????

3. basically all the pros and cons of the r26

i found a few problems with my 225 that i know too look out for next time im looking, window regulators was my pet hate, had a few electric gremlins also
    ive only got £4k to my budget so im going to probably have to take a high mileage or drop back to a 225

4. There are the swivel joints, gear lever tight, most of the problems are the same really

kendog likes this.
  5. What are you going to use the car for, i had a DCi sport it was great for fast B road and still was good on track.
    Should have kept it really.

kendog likes this.
  6. in all honesty im wanting the petrol turbo feel again, ive had a few diesels now and im after a little blast about on the b roads.. i was seriously looking at a focus st 2007+ but reading up on them there a heavy lump and take a few ponies to shift them

7. focus`s are nose heavy,and drink the fuel with the 5 pot.
    At your budget,you will have to look hard for a R26 thats not going to be a money pit.
    They are at the age now,where a lot of money will need to be spent on it,if its been neglected.

ask if the cambelt and waterpump has been done.
    if steering is stiff and dont self center,the hub bearings are gone..can be costly to replace.
    if the gearshift dont self center and is stiff..the actuator is sticking and will need a new one of refurb.
    They are at the age where all suspension parts and quite possibly the steering rack will be past its best...so check for whats been done.
    Really..if it doesnt ride well and steer sharply..something needs replacing.

SilveR26 and Si271 like this.