Hi - megane for TD's - a few Qs

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Spyros, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hi,

New member here looking at moving to a megane, possibly Rs250 Cup for UK TD's and 2-3 ring trips a year. I always see them performing well and think I might enjoy one.

A couple of questions if I may:

1. Any issues with TD noise limits or do these test quite low? What if decatted and mid box chop?

2. Has anyone who is running a full Cage felt that it had compromised the cars handling by making chassis too stiff?

3. Are stock calipers and discs ok on this model with just pads, lines and fluid or is BBK really needed?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Hi Mark
    If you are thinking of a decat, i would say leave the mid box in, i haven't had any problems with mine at Bedford (the lowest noise circuit) i still have the cat fitted but i have a mid box deleted 3 inch Miltec.

I only have a half cage but haven't felt any difference with that being fitted.

Stock calipers and disc's are absolutely fine, you just need better pads and that doesn't mean Yellow stuff :laughing::laughing:

Spyros likes this.