Hi from the Netherlands!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jos, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Jos

Jos

Hey guys,

My name is Jos and I'm a 21 year old car nut from the Netherlands. My former car is a mini cooper s which had seen every corner of the modding community... and I'm now looking into buying an rs250!

Here's some pictures of my soon to be ex car! FB_IMG_1487674284221.jpg
    FB_IMG_1487674278836.jpg

One question that I have.. I have no idea if this is the right place, please correct me if it isn't..

I've read a lot about gearbox whines (faulty bearings) on the 250. How common is this problem? Obviously you can't tell me it's going to happen to every car on a set amount of miles.. but it seems like a looooot of people had to get a new box or a refurbished one. It kinda scares me because it is quite an expensive thing.

I'd love to hear from you guys!
    And if you want to know anything else, just ask :smile:!

See ya!
    Jos

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. Hi and welcome Jos.

I don't think it's a common problem on the mk3 Megane to be honest. Lots of cars are running increased torque maps and that doesn't even seem to cause many issues I'd say. Obviously that doesn't mean they are immune from failures.

The mk 3 Clio RS boxes do have many issues though, but the box fitted to the Meganes is a different one.

3. Hey Jos, welkom hier!

Tbh, i've never heard of whining on the mk3 either so i think you might be mis-informed...

Although the mini is a cool car, i'm sure the Megane will excite you even more!

4. Jos

Jos

Hey guys, thanks!

I might have exaggerated a little bit by saying 'a looooot of people' had to have their gearbox changed. I've seen quite a few topics on it and got somewhat nervous.. but oh well, you never know. I'm used to owning a mini which isn't exactly known for its' reliability so I can handle quite a lot, haha.

Anyway, thanks and I'll be sure to post some pictures once I've managed to get one!