Hi from OZ...

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by TargaRS, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    New addition to the garage arrived today...RS275R in Pearl White.

50 of the 250 that Renault made came to Australia & this is 1 of 2 that came to Australia in the 'true' lightweight Nurburbring record spec... ie no air con, no stereo, no satnav/link system, plus a few other detail differences.

Also have a RS200 Clio 3 (also Pearl white) tarmac rally/race car that I have been competing the last few years in.
    Plan is to use the 275R (once setup) in the tarmac rallies & use the 200 in the race events & autotest type events.

Here's a couple of pics of the 2 toys...

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

Nigelo, grantw and StephRS like this.
  2. Welcome! Lovely pair of cars you have. Those red alloys are stunning x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TargaRS likes this.
  3. Use it where it's made for. You just made my day :smiley: Can't wait to see more photo, it's a great car!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    TargaRS likes this.
  4. Wow! Great car that Meggy :wink:...and..hello! :grin:

TargaRS likes this.
  5. Well, that's awesome.

Have you any videos of the Clio in action?

Welcome along too, mate.

TargaRS likes this.
  6. They look awesome!

TargaRS likes this.
  7. Hello!!

TargaRS likes this.
  8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ooohhh, Excellent, More details/Spec of that Clio please!

What sort of Spec are you gonna take the R to?

TargaRS likes this.
  9. Few more pics of Clio...

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3018 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3034 - Copy.JPG

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  10. Basic spec sheet as requested;

RENAULT SPORT
    CLIO RS200
    2010 ANNIVERSARY EDITION #10/30

ENGINE: N/A 2.0L, KTR RE-MAP, TOYSPORT EXTRACTORS, KTR INTAKE KIT, SAMCO HOSES, AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST, VIBRATECH MOUNTS, AGM DRYCELL BATTERY, KTR CATCH-CAN KIT, ALLOY CRANK PULLEY, SPRINT BOOSTER.

DRIVETRAIN: CLOSE RATIO 6 SPEED, QUAIFE ATB DIFFERENTIAL, KTR H/D CLUTCH KIT, KTR LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, M-TECH SHORTSHIFT, VIBRATECH MOUNTS.

SUSPENSION: KONI ADJUSTABLE DAMPERS, H&R S/S SPRINGS, ULTRA RACING REAR SWAY BAR, POWERFLEX BUSHES, ULTRA RACING UPPER & LOWER STRUT BRACES.

BRAKES: BREMBO CALIPERS, EBC REDSTUFF PADS, AKRAPOVIC SOCK, HEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES, MTEC SLOTTED & DIMPLED ROTORS.

WHEELS & TYRES: 18” TURINI RIMS & 215/40 ROAD TYRES, 17” SPEEDLINE RIMS & 225/45 SEMI SLICKS, RS WHEEL CENTRES & CAPS.

INTERIOR: AGI ROLL CAGE, COBRA GT SEATS, SCHROTH HARNESSES, SPORTLINE S/WHEEL, i-SHIFT LIGHT, RS ALLOY PEDALS, RS ALLOY GEARKNOB, SUEDE G/SHIFT H/BRAKE BOOTS, TERRATRIP INTERCOM, RALLYSAFE UNIT.

EXTERIOR: PITKING BONNET PIN KIT, REAR WING LIP, TINT, HID HEADLIGHTS, EPR TOW STRAPS, SHARK FIN, ANTHRACITE BLADE & MIRRORS.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  11. Beautiful couple of cars, compliments! The changes on the clio are very interesting :sunglasses:

TargaRS likes this.
  12. Hi guys, Thanks for the warm welcome, have some nice in-car video from tarmac rallying in the Clio that I will try to upload sometime soon.
    The Meg will be built to a similar standard/level (or a little better:wink:) over the next 12 months.

Zappo_RS likes this.
  13. So started fitting a few little mods this week...

Fullriver AGM dry cell battery, saves about 10kg & I've had one in the Clio for years;

IMG_3166.JPG

Vibratech dogbone mount, improves shift feel & response, used these on the Clio previously, the oem mount on the Meg is way better than on the Clio but still worth doing (sorry about pic quality);

IMG_3202.JPG

Ktec inlet hose & Ktec intake kit, improved throttle response & much more top end now but have lost some torque down low, remap should help get some back hopefully;

IMG_3208.JPG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Pyper likes this.
  14. Couple of interior mods...

As car will be used regularly as a road car i fitted a stereo, JVC Bluetooth head unit (has red/white lighting same as dash which is nice) & some decent DB speakers front & rear;

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Replaced the tacky plastic/leather gear knob with an alloy RS one, have same one on the Clio & love it (also fitted one of my resin RS shift pattern badges as required by law in Aus);

IMG_3153.JPG

15. Some small exterior cosmetic bits...

New number plates & black diamond cover;

IMG_3211.JPG

Removed the M E G A N E badge, fitted black diamond cover & nurburgring decal;

IMG_3206.JPG

Renault sport decals;

IMG_3193.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  16. Removed sound generator pipe completely, much more civilised noises now & has improved lost throttle response too :wink:...

Firewall end plugged.
    IMG_3220.JPG
    Engine end plugged
    IMG_3270.JPG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  17. What is the "sound" generator? Just a tube that pumps engine noise in the interior? Intake noise or engine noise?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

18. Unnecessary noise :wink:. Most new 'performance cars' have it in one form or another.

19. Thanks! Gonna delete mine as well then!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

20. Couple more small upgrades...

Shark fin aerial;
    o.jpg

Decent headlight bulbs;

p.jpg

21. Had A-pillar, roofrails & rear wing painted white today, I didn't like the way the white stopped part way up the A-pillar & the roof profile was lost when painted black. The roof panel is still black...

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3250[77555].JPG

Xanda73 likes this.
  22. Nice, I personally like them much better like this rather than the black just stopping on the pillar like before. My whole car is currently white but if I was ever to wrap or paint my roof black, then this is how I would do it.

TargaRS likes this.
  23. Fitted front strut brace...

IMG_3260.JPG

Ktec floormats & bootmat...

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  24. Engine cover fitted (thanks Pipps)...

IMG_3265.JPG

Pipps310 likes this.
  25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What rear strut bar is that?

26. The factory one that comes with the car.

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah I see, never realised it could be used as a harness bar

28. Love the car, I'd be cautious about using the brace as a harness bar if it bolts to the RR seat fixing points. The rear bench on has to pass luggage retention tests not crash tests. The seat belt mounts are designed for over 40kN of force, much higher than the RR bench.

Do you have the larger Nurburgring Pack brake disks? I really want these on my Cup-S.

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The rear brace bolts to the same place that the rear seat belts do, I'd say it's a strong point but I'd be wary of putting harness on a bar that wasn't designed to take them

30. Nice to do a it of international dealing, car looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TargaRS likes this.
  31. For the record the harness' are now fitted with clip-ins & attached to I-bolts fitted to the original floor mounts. The photo above shows the harness' wrapped around the strut brace whilst I cut holes in the new boot mat & fitted the I-bolts. It matters not anyway as this is just a road car for now & the harness' are not in the car anymore which is why I fitted the clip-ins (I have an RS200 rally/race car for competition use). I'm doubtful the Sabelt harness' that came with the car are even legal (date wise) in Aus for HANS use anyway so they will likely get replaced when the time comes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Sam@NP likes this.
  32. Mtec short shifter fitted, also have one fitted to the Clio & the Megane needs it even more imo. Roll pin removal was a pain as usual but its a vastly improved shift now...

IMG_3274.JPG

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Pipps310 likes this.
  33. Washed the toys today...

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

Xanda73 and Pipps310 like this.
  34. Fitted an oil catch can...

IMG_3316.JPG

-Jamie- likes this.
  35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Did you just bung up the breather that comes off the inlet pipe? Hard to see in that photo

36. No nothing is plugged up, it simply replaces the existing short rubber hose that runs between the intake pipe T-piece & the rocker cover (this pic may help).

IMG_3318 - Copy.JPG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Thinbot likes this.
  37. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah yeah I know now, thanks mate!

38. Detailed the engine cover a little...

IMG_3321.JPG

Pipps310 likes this.
  39. Brake upgrade done today in readiness for 'Bathurst Challenge' event next month...
    Rotors skimmed, EBC pads, KTR braided lines & Dot 5 fluid.

IMG_3331.JPG

40. Installed a mechanical boost gauge today, car is making 19 pounds in 'sport mode' and 15 pounds in 'normal'.

IMG_3335.JPG

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Doctor_Proctor likes this.