Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Kev175DCI, Jul 24, 2024.

1. Hello, my name is Kevin & i have recently acquired a 2 door Meg2 175DCi in need of a new turbo. I am a long time owner of a Renault GTA but I have always wanted a Meg2, I just love the look of these cars and I intend to use this as my daily unless I need to move something big. The car needs a bit of tlc as well as a new/refurb turbo and will appreciate any future tips and advice.

Attached Files:

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi and welcome
    I have a Dc1 175 myself, mine needed a turbo when I purched it, an upgrade is a dci 175 Espace turbo, its slightly bigger than the original, so when mapped it should give a bit more power.
    I track mine, or have.
    Really capable car especially if it's wet

3. Thanks for the info thats really helpful. Did you replace the turbo youself, just asking as it looks really tight between the turbo and the bulkhead and after any tips on replacing it.

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Yes I did change it myself, I'm an engineer by trade.
    I pulled the engine out, it's not as horrific as it sounds.
    I also wanted to check the cam chain and replace the oil.pump , there's a guy on here that had one fail, so it was worth pulling the engine as it makes everything so much easier to get to.

5. Thanks for the update, I may have to go down that route as well but the access would help with a lot of other repairs.

6. I've been nothing but impressed with my 175dci, hope things pan out with yours pal.