Hi everybody

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by autronix, Jul 22, 2023.

1. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

Hi everybody and many many thanks for the opportunity to be a member here.

I`m writing from Romania and I`m working as an automotive technician.
    I recently bought an Megane RS 3 Cup (my 2016). car is 100% stock and was not easy to find one in good condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nevertheless the car had a major overhall, new clutch+flywheel, cambelt + vtc actuator + oil pump chain, thermostat , spark plugs+coils , full brakes , filters , liquids , etc etc.

also oil pan was pulled out and engine was inspected and cleaned inside , I pulled out 2 rod bearings to check them. fortunately is all ok , minimal wear signs.

(looking for a forged rebuilt in the winter for now I will enjoy the car as it is)

I also realigned the front and rear bumpers. I have to made some custom brackets to strengthen a bit the bumpers, etc. here more work needs to be done when I have time ...
    also new Arcasting ZAR 18 rims are coming as for tyres I have to choose yet between Michelin PS4S or PS2 CUP

this is not my only Renault , I have another Megane 3 coupe 1.9dci and a Clio 3 1.5dci all in mint condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a Honda Civic TypeR EP3 with only 60.000 miles car is like new , and with some mods lilke big brakes , kw v2 suspension + spc camber kit , etc, setrab oil cooler, , etc.
    as for stage1 I have hondata , Tegiwa intake , ssr headers and RBC intake manifold , etc. this is a "basic" kit for this car. unfortunately I don`t have LSD mounted yet ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

power wise the difference between my stage1 EP3 my (stock) RS are minimal.
    my EP is pulling very strong, despite not having so much torque .
    I do know that after some RS remap things will change :smile:

chasiss / suspension / road feel / general driving experience, the RS is in a total different league.

this need a dedicated topic :smile:

I have the RS just for 2 weeks now and this time was more in the shop for maintenance works that on the road ....

many thanks again and all the best

2. Hi, and welcome, a very nice variety of cars you have there. I run a forged R26MK2, with all the bits. At 83 years old, my health has stopped me from doing some track days this year, but I am going to Anglesea,( A track in North Wales in August. I hope to get to Spa/Blisterberg, and a few British tracks next year. I would also post on the Megane Facebook page if I was you.Keep us posted on your progress. All the best from Sunny Scotland.

autronix likes this.
  3. Welcome here, from another newbie!
    Nice collection of cars you have! Enjoy the Meg!

@oldfella Great to hear you're enjoying your car! Anglesey is one of my favourite tracks (with Oulton and Cadwell) in the UK, just a million miles away from me! Enjoy the days on track!

autronix likes this.
  4. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

many thanks for the welcome!

Sir oldfella , this is amaizing ! I wish you all the best and enjoy the summer track days! you set the benchmark so high :smile: