250 Hesitation when setting off

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Chris197F1, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Hi guys hoping you can help me out here with this strange issue. When I leave for work in the morning the car sets off fine (this is reversing off my drive) but when I leave work later in the day, I set off (in first gear) and get this hesitation/kangaroo effect and then its fine for the rest of the journey??

So im confused as to why it only does it in the evening, can it really be gear related?? But then again ive never noticed it do it any other morning where I havent had to reverse off my drive.

2. Typical when cold. I thought it was something wrong with it, took it back to Renault, but guys here said it is Renault Sport trait.

3. The thing is though that it doesnt do it when i leave for work but I can only put that down to me using reverse then??

4. mine is has a bit of kangaroo when cold as well.. haven't noticed if it makes any difference starting out in reverse, though..

5. Mine does this too. On normal fuel and 99 fuel. The missus thinks I can't drive. :worried:

6. Yeah mine does it, I just let the revs settle before I move then it's fine... Unless I'm late

7. Probably colder in Morning than when leaving work in afternoon....

8. Let it warm up and it will stop

9. Yeah its ran on vpower Birchy.

UBR26 my issue is the other way round, its fine in the morning.

Cheers for the replies, at least I know its not just me ha ha

10. Mine runs on vpower, there is nothing better

11. Just let it tick over for a minute 1st thing

12. I had this in the Clio but not once has the Meg kangarooed :\

Though the Meg usually gets to warm up for a couple minutes as I pull it out of the garage and lock up etc. so maybe that helps.

13. Just leave engine on to warm up if it does bother you so much.

14. Happens to mine too......sometimes the revs are increased momentarily when I come off the gas too :-)

15. Oli

Oli

I have this too.

In the morning I reverse out the drive without seeming to notice any odd behaviour. In the afternoon when I pull out of my parking space at work in 1st gear the revs are quite erratic at low speed, however, in neutral it idles fine when I turn the car on. This goes away after about 10 seconds of driving and it doesnt seem to make much difference if I leave the engine running one minute before setting off, it will still do it for the first 10 seconds of driving. Combined with the clackety sounding gear change into 2nd, people observing must think I have no idea how to drive!

I've never been that worried about it and put it down to engine mapping when cold; my 182 was horrible to drive for the first few minutes on a cold engine.

16. Yup my last 250 did it all the time for 3 years. Went through a phase after 2 years old for a few months it was okay. Came back though.
    My latest 265 s/s face lift did not do it then been happening on and off lately.

Always use V power tried Tesco Momentum when I had a 10/20 p coupon. Lost a lot of low down torque it seemed.

Cheers Andy