Help please help Ahhhhh

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ianplymouth, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi Guys
    Does anyone know the tightening torques for the head, big ends, main bearings etc on the 250/265/275 F4r 874 engine, maybe even the 225, R26 ones will do, google search, this site and many others but Zilch, nothing.

Many thanks in anticipation :sunglasses:

2. Did u download the manuals that one of the guys put on here

3. ianplymouth

Thanks
    But i have just spent the last 2 hours going through it and i can't find anything relating to the main bearings, or the M4r big end bearings, only showing F9q and that's a diesel and the K9k and that is also a diesel :rage:

4. a call or pop down to your local renault dealer?

5. Just had a look, you're right. Odd that and the same applies to the F4R on the MK2 manuals.

6. What im using is main bearings 20nm + 62 degrees +/- 6 degrees

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Con rod big ends 25nm + 110 degrees if on stamdard bolts or 42lbs/ft if on arp bolts

8. Head bolts 20nm then 100 degrees and 100 degrees again (3 stage tightening)

9. Those were the figured for a clio r3 maxi engine but the closest I could find

ewant81 likes this.
  10. ianplymouth

I had to back today and pick up the rest of the bits (don't even go there :angry:)
    And guess what, there were no technicians :laughing: in today :unamused:

11. ianplymouth

Hi JJ
    Thanks for the info, i am not totally convinced by those figures, a 7mm big end bolt is torqued up more than a main bearing cap and there held on with 12mm bolts :confused:

Cheers for these, that was really the only torque figures i could find and that was for a 225/r26 so i am happy to go with that :sunglasses:

12. The big end torque im not 100% on, my manual says that but ive got arp bolts in so have gone with that measurement. The part number for those torques are 7711126624 if you wanted to check

Main bearings im confident on.
    I did have another figure given to me of 81nm but that sheared a bolt in half.

The head figures were for genuine renault bolts (according to my manual) but I used 15lbs/ft then 85 degrees then 85 degrees again - only because I got aftermarket head bolts and they were the given figures with the bolts

ianplymouth likes this.
  13. If you do manage to find out some info, it would be nice to hear it - just to make sure my engine torque values are ok!

14. ianplymouth

I am going to try Renault dealers again today not going to hold my breath though

15. Ian, there are some guys on cliosport that work in renault dealerships that might be able to get the info you need. I would put a post on there and see if anyone can help

16. ianplymouth

That would be great thanks, Chris

17. are you on cliosport?

18. ianplymouth

No, don't own a clio or ever have :laughing:

19. ok will put a post on there for you

20. ianplymouth

Cheers :sunglasses:

21. Si.

Si.

If you are on FB ian, post in the RS-Envy group. A few in that group also work at Dales Renault

22. ianplymouth

Hi Si
    Sorry don't do farcebook, tw*tter or anything like that, old school for me :laughing:

23. did you get what you needed?

24. ianplymouth

Cazper likes this.