Help needed with poxy recirc valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mattyw, Aug 6, 2013.

1. I cannot, for the life of me, get the top left bolt off.

I cant get a ring spanner in the gap so have had to use an open head spanner.

The only position i can get it on the head gives me no room to turn it!

So frustrating. Is there any other way with this thing? Can i not just wack the head off (i have spare bolts)

2. sorry cant be any help. i have a blanking plate in my glove box. have given up on it. tried with every type of spanner/socket i own!

3. I took the intake pipe off of the turbo and got my hand up! Have you taken the thing that holds the engine cover on off? And taken that black pipe off? Makes it all a little easier? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375822847.533823.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375822898.249754.jpg

4. Ive tried everything it seems.

On your second picture, the top pipe that look like it goes into the bit between the turbo and the heatshield what is that? How do i move it?

5. Yeah I'm not to sure what that pipe does if I'm honest without looking at the bay I can only guess its the sensor for the cat?

6. So hacked off beyond belief. So small yet so annoying!!!

7. i used a small ratchet with a flexible head when i did mine....

8. I cant even get a ring spanner on the head how did u get a ratchet in there!!?? There other two bolts are fine just the top left one!

9. What size spanner mate. I have ratchet spanners with flexible heads.

10. Ah rob my friend! I try it all if i can!? Ill drop u a text

11. It is tight there, it's 10mm

12. Ok mate.

13. Yup, i cant get leverage with the open head. Could you get a ring spanner on?