225 Help Needed changing springs

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dan225RS, Mar 25, 2016.

1. So decided to put some eibach pro springs on the megane. All was well untill trying to undo the bolt . The nut came off fine but the bolt would not budge its started to turn but the thread wasnt moving. If anyones from the newcastle area and could lend a hand tomorrow Id massively appreciate it. That and the garage windy gunned 3 locking nuts which have started to round them off. If anyone can pop down tomorrow Id be more than willing to get them a crate of corona.

cheers
    Dan

2. You got any photos of the problemed area mate? May be able to suggest somethings

3. I'm guessing at the bolt that goes through the hub carrier that holds it onto the strut.
    Just put the nut back on a few threads and got it a tap to get it moving.

As for the locking nuts your best just taking it to a garage with a windy gun, if you round them off completely your snookered!

4. Tried that with the nut on to not flatten the bolt. Tried jacking the hub and compressing the spring but no joy. Just think Ill have to cut it off. With a grinder any idea where to get replacement bolts and nuts??

5. thats the locking wheel nut its been windy gunned on. But even the windy gun couldnt budge it.

6. it is the hub bolt where the strut connects. Think if I soaked a rag in petrol then dropped it in the tank. That might get it??

7. If you have a windy gun, stick it on the bolt side with the nut off and just give it a blast in both directions for a while to try free it up a bit, it's not threaded all the way through so you won't do any damage.
    You could also try and open up the back of the hub where it clamps onto the strut.

As for the lock nut? A bigger windy gun???

Ha ha I think that would shift it, but could cause some consequential damage!

8. You can buy locking wheel nut removers

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

use a breaker bar and get someone to use there foot to push on the head so it doesn't slip off

10. I tried with my foot on and the breaker bar but no joy. Just going to have to get it welded. The locking wheel nut removers dont work on this one unfortunately.

11. So managed to get it out eventually ended up disconnecting the drive shaft and droppng the track rod ends off. What a nightmare the other 3 are going in the garage. Its not worth the hassle