Help I broke something!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by WaterBug, May 30, 2015.

1. Hi all, today while fitting a forge dv and blanking plate I broke this
    [​IMG]

Now it idles really bad and I can hear a hissing from the engine bay :/
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks Dean

2. If the O ring is still on it you can make a bracket same as the Forge ones to clamp it down.

3. Thats a normal issue when fitting just a cable tie around it to hold it in place for now. You will need to take that o ring out and put it on the pipe before pushing it back in.

4. Thanks Jamie and James for such quick advice!
    Destroyed my hands fitting the blanking plate, finally got the dv on then....this happened I was pissed off and in flap because I need the car for work!
    All working ok now with some cables ties, just got some slight hissing.
    Does anyone have a part number or link for the plastic plug on the end?
    I'm not sure if the bracket idea will work with mine as I think its lost too much of its plastic.
    Thanks again

5. Mine was broke when I brought the car, only noticed when I went to remove it. It's broke just under the O ring.
    I made my own bracket and it's been fine for 3 years. It didn't leak when rstuning put their smoke machine on it and it holds 1.4bar no problem.

6. Part no. For this is 8200549111 and about £50 from Renault as you have to buy the whole thing.

7. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Retail on the part is currently £40.10+VAT (£48.12) and is really easy to replace but you will get discount when buying them from a power seller on eBay or Renault in Wolverhampton for example. The problem with these breaking comes when they're not removed/installed correctly as the must be truly square.

We always lift them out with a trim removal tool and it's never failed but wiggle them and you'll snap the plastic tabs.

8. Thanks for all your help guys! Made a bracket and still get the hissing, but it runs fine for now. Thanks again