Help - how to remove gearbox mount to fit powrflex

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by chappers2000, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Hi all, I'm a bit stuck. I have removed the battery, ecu and airbox and the three bolts on top if the gearbox mount itself, then the two on the lower mount but I can't seem to see how to remove the the mount itself (the black bit with the rubber block) or the whole thing. There looks like a nut between the underside of the mount and bit near the shift mechanism, bug everything still seems solidly fixed. Getting to the point of just putting it back together without the powerflex insert. So least I will have fixed the spinning battery tray mount and stiff torx battery tray bolts.!!

2. Got the whole mount out now but how do you separate the rubber mount from the cast bit that bolts to the chassis so I can fit the lower part of the powerflex insert?

3. Sorted it now. Just a splined bolt that needed a little persuasion. All apart now. Just got to put it all back together.

4. Have you fitted inserts? How does it feel?

5. Got the lower replacement mount and the upper offside insert fitted, but the gearbox mount had a little wear so I'm waiting for a new mount rather than fit it to the old one. It's back together temporarily enough to move the car off the drive. Be much easier next time as I didn't realise the bottom mount bolts only need loosening as they are in a slot rather than a hole in the mount like the top two bolts. Bottom bolt is much easier to get to from underneath. Felt a little tighter with the other two mounts changed and didn't notice any extra vibration which was good. I'll see how it feels end of this week.