Help abs probe.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Laim, Mar 21, 2020.

1. So had my 57 plate rs for a year no problems last week brake peddle went rock solid then normal but all my brakes locked up couldn't move the car had it recovered to a garage were it had 2 new rear calipers and pads fitted they test drove the car all wheels locked up again the garage said they think it's the abs pump and the work involved will be more then the cars worth I don't want to give up on the car so I'm thinking il do the abs pump my self at home but can't find any info as to were its located especially with the garage saying its a big job any help would be much appreciated thank you

2. 57 plate so that has to be a 225 or R26
    Its on the right hand side towards the back of the engine bay, follow the two pipes from the master cylinder to a square block, it will have these 2 pipes going in and four coming out.
    Didn't think it looked a bad job on the mk2, mk3 is an engine out job.

3. Thank you so much its the 225 I just don't think the garage wants to touch it tbh had there easy money for the calipers and recovery. I'm going to set about it this week remove the pump and order another off ebay just wait for the garage to drop it back off on my drive

4. Before you do, it might be worth disconnecting the abs pump, probably best to pull the main ABS fuse out, i know it will give you faults, but if it doesn't cause a problem its that, if it still happens then it could be the master cylinder and that is a lot easier job to do.

Laim likes this.
  5. Well I removed the abs fuse the brakes ain't locking up but they are still grabbing I'm putting the car as sorn and going to overhaul the whole system and the abs pump is being the turbo too so I'm guessing turbo out job

6. I would say its either the slave cylinder or the servo if it still sort of doing it

Laim likes this.
  7. I'm thinking abs delete now just no info online about it

8. Why
    It can't be that hard to replace the master cylinder or servo, got to be some second hand ones around.

9. That's what I'm going to do replace both and see what happens if it comes to it I'm deleting the abs

10. I think that would be a mistake personally, use mine a lot on track especially if its wet :blush: