Hello from Worksop

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by JackoR26, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Not introduced myself on here yet, been lurking for a while though and i was a member on the old forum.

I'm from Worksop now but previously lived in Middlesbrough and i owned a 172 Cup before the R26, here are a couple of old pics as i dont get much time for detailing any more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The forum is coming along quite nicely now so thanks to those who set it up.

Dont think i will be around much longer though, as 500 miles a week is killing my car and its going to have to go :worried:

Jacko

2. Nice car mate love the red my meg was from middlesboutough area

3. Welcome :tongueout:

500miles a week is quite hefty! dont think mine does that in a month!

4. Thanks mate

lol, Hi Karl :tongueout:

Yea, its far too many miles. Looking to get a job closer to home and looking to get a new car soon but would love to keep it

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Welcome. Some tasty looking cars there.

6. Thanks mate. The Megane is in need of some love at the moment, need to get it detailed

7. Welcome Jacko!

Cant see the pics btw :worried:

Mine does on average 458 miles per month. But it is my daily driver.

8. Welcome

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Don't have to be a meg owner to be a member! Thanks for the support :smile:

10. Thanks mate, you should be able to see them now

Thank you

Sure i will still have a browse occasionally :smile:

11. Whoop that's 3 of us from Worksop on here. Welcome

12. How many miles is she on now Jacko? I still miss that a$$!

13. Oh yes, love your old Clio! Worksop's not far, might see you on the road.

14. 74k now mate and still going strong

15. Thanks, I still miss it sometimes, will keep an eye out for you mate

16. Cracking picture of the Cup! Welcome.

17. Hello and Welcome

18. Thanks mate

19. Daz

Daz

That looks epic!

20. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Welcome,

I live in Alfreton, local ish to Worksop.. where are you travelling for work out of interest? - that's some serious mileage!!

21. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Welcome to the nut house

22. I work in Leeds mate

23. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Ouch, a fair commute everyday!

24. What is it you do mate? Gray, how come I've not seen you on the road! I'm a member at Alfreton Leisure!

25. Thanks mate, wish the megane was as easy to detail! The stickers are a pain in the arse

lol, thanks mate

Yep, its great fun! Surprised the Megane has put up with it so well

I work in IT mate, im a Network Administrator

26. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I am always in and around Alfreton, in the car daily :smile:

Snap.

I travel to Leeds for a day every other week to give on-site support for one of our offices in the West One building.

27. Are you contracting mate? There are plenty of jobs this way I'm sure!

28. I'm in IT too, but as a BA. My mate (who has a 182 Trophy) does the network stuff.

29. Im not mate, ive been with the company almost 10 years now and i used to work at the Middlesbrough site when i lived there. Then when i moved to Worksop they let me work out of Leeds which ive been doing for about a year. I am looking for something a lot closer to home now though as im sick of the commute, it has helped with me moving and settling into my new home though so cant complain too much.

30. Have a look at the contractor market mate. If you're doing 500 miles a week you could find something as far but get paid well for it, or closer and get paid well for it! Loads of tax breaks when your self employed too!

31. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

ha, sounds like we are all in the IT sector, who do you work for? - Local Company?

I don't suppose your mate with the Trophy has a private plate and lives in Alfreton?

32. I know, is it only IT folk who can afford to keep them on the road lol. I work for a big bad energy company at J27! My mate's is pretty much standard, he lives at Swanwick.

33. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Oh, I know the one :wink: I applied for an IT role there a number of years ago!

34. We have plenty of contractors too! Not sure about network though, more BA/PM.

35. Keep your.eye out for my white 230 in Worksop pal

[​IMG]

36. Will do mate, nice car :smile:

37. Ps cup and 230 look stunning

38. Thats just like mine :wink:, have you de-snickered it? Tints?

39. Yes pal de stickered apart from roof squares
    Tints are still there
    : )

40. Hmmm, that is how i originally wanted mine but to be honest i chickened out a bit as i wasn't sure how it would look!

Anyone fancy a meet... seriously :smile: lol