Hello from Inverness.

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by LiamR172, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hi everyone.

Paid a deposit on a 2008 meg R26.

Its got 49k miles
    Getting the belts done before collection.
    Full leather

Gloss black wheels, door strips and mirrors.

Picking it up on saturday, hopefully be nice and comfy compared the my low and loud 172 :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Best picture has to be the recaros though :smile:

Couple of my clio aswell.

Attached Files:

3. Hi Liam, and welcome. Enjoy your car

4. Lovely car that mate, enjoy

5. Welcome bud

6. Thanks!

Hopefully it looks as good in person as it does in the photos!

So, whats the best 'small' mods for the meganes? Ive heard about an air box mod and exhaust chop but ill leave the exhaust alone. Im wanting some quietness for a while :smile:

7. Your car is hanging liam..

8. Thanks alot Chris. Love you too.

9. Hahah you know im joking! will need to get some photo shoots on the go once they are both nice and sparkly!

10. After you clean them both you mean? :smiley:

You see what Gareth posted on facebook about the 3 of us? Be good to get the 3 different colours

11. Yeah seen that..get that silver one near lidl and marshalls black one to lol be like a rainbow of meganes!

12. The silver one is a builder, he was at my dads yesterday harling his wall. He said his wife has ruined it with carpark dings and kerbed wheels haha.

13. aww nightmare haha...they actually look really nice in silver with the decals etc.

14. I couldnt get a silver one coming from the clio.

Need something bright for a while :smile:

15. i went yellow to yellow...these things have to be done!
    whats happening with the clio?

16. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

welcome

17. Welcome nice motor. Enjoy

18. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Clio will be going into the garage until the end of october then its being sold.

My other brother is wanting to buy it so ill see what he says at the time.

19. welcome to the forum Liam, if either you or Chris fancy's polishing my R26 i could maybe join in on the photoshoot :smile:

one of my mates (from helmsdale) has a white r26 aswell :smile:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  20. Looks nice Liam! Maybe catch you when I'm down in Inverness next time I'm home :smile:

21. Im too lazy to polish the clio, the meg is alot bigger than the clio so i think ill be even worse!! Haha.

Aye Paul? See him going about ness now and then.

I was wanting a white one but they are just too expensive over the others!

22. Cheers mate! Aye are you home often?

23. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Welcome Liam, looks nice!

24. Yeah man, 3 on 3 off rotation :smile: Will give you a shout when I'm home, see if we can get a few cars together sometime!

25. Thanks Gavin!

Dean, i wont be insuring the meg for a while yet, ive only got 1 payment left on my policy for the clio so to change the meg over is over 700 quid! For one months worth of insurance.

Ill get it home on temp cover insurance and get it in the garage until im ready, get it the way i want it etc :smile:

26. aye its Paul :smile: ye they are so nice in white, paul was actually after a liquid yellow one but couldnt find one, so he got the white one instead.

27. Is he on here no?

LY is really nice aswell, but you cant beat a gleaming white one.

28. Car went in yesterday to get the belts etc done. Cant wait to get it home.

This is the most excited ive been since i got my clio, hope the meg doesnt dissapoint :smile:

29. Na he doesn't go on any forums or that

30. When do you think you'd be getting it done?

If its next year sort of time we should get a few people and get a trip the RS tuning.

31. Welcome mate

32. Actually cant wait to pick the car up tomorrow!
    Leaving at 04:30. Going to be a long drive!

33. Where is the car Liam?

34. Just passed newcastle mate.

6 hours or thereabouts :confused:

35. Aww man that's going to be a horrible drive lol

36. No way, I love long drives. Last year I bought a standard 106gti a week before fcs, did loads of stuff in that week to the car then test drove it down to fcs at donington and back again :smile:

37. After the A9 it's not so bad. Even from Helmsdale to Inverness is crap but I drive it in a Transit van so I suppose that doesn't help lol

38. I just cant stand sitting on the motorway. If it was single carridgeway i'd prefer it.
    I'd rather drive from inverness to helemsdale a few times than drive to england and back!!

I got an AUX lead the other day for the megane, is it hard to fit? Got a shot of the tools to remove the cd player so im planning on doing that down there before i leave because ive got no CDs to listen to!

39. Nah pretty simple to fit the aux cable mate. You should try & pick up a connect2 for it they're better than the aux cable.

40. Connect 2 cable ????
    Linky ????